Metal Storm logo
L'ame Immortelle

14.07.2007 - 15:29
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
iI've put L'ame Immortelle's Gezeiten in my player after a long time... And remember that I have never seen any topics about them here, nor many people actually knowing/liking them.

So, L'ame Immortelle is a german electronic band, formed in 1996 and consists of Thomas Rainer and Sonja Kraufshofer. The band released 7 full lenght albums, from which up untill Gezeiten in 2004 the music is mostly described as EBM; they are also commonly classified as 'Neue Deutsche Härte'' (New German hardness). With Gezeiten and 2006 album Auf Deinen Schwingen the electronic elements became very reduced and their music became more organic, momentarily agressive, but still very emotional. Their lyrics are written in German and English, usually themed about love, despair, life, anxiety, pain.... That is why L'ame Immortelle are most known in the electronic/gothic european subculture.

They also released 9 singles and their discography also features a lot of remixes.

I personally love their music, even though I am not really fond of EBM, but I just love L'ame Immortelle's music, for its incredible emotional ambient and melodic music.

I especially love their 2nd full lenght album ?In Einer Zukunft Aus Tränen Und Stahl from 1999, Als Die Liebe Starb from 2003 and my personal fave is Gezeiten. I think Fallen Angel is their best song and also one of the most beuatiful I have ever heard. Their best songs IMO are besides Fallen Angel also: Was Hallt Mich Noch Hier, Will You?, Bitterkeit, Believe In Me, Gezeiten, Judgement and the list goes on and on...

Not to mention I think Sonja Kraufshofer has this amazingly passionate and at the same part really gentle voice...

So any thoughts on them? Anyone else here likes 'em?

[BTW for moderators, it is necessary to translate the German titles, please notify me, I just didn't feel like right now ]
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
16.07.2007 - 19:10
AntaeusM
Elite
The only album I could really get into is the "Als die liebe Starb". I also like some random songs from other albums, but this is the only album I enjoy entirely. Probably because it is most catchy.

This band have some amazing songs, but they tend to get too electronic, or too poppy, which make the song bad. That's why I can only enjoy some of their work.

About Sonja, I have seen some live performances of her on video, and I was a bit dissapointed by her voice. It sounded quite different compared with the cd. I am kind of curious now how she sounds live(as in, me being part of the crowd )

and don't worry about the song titles, they are song titles so you don't need to translate them.
29.09.2007 - 04:19
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
All I kknow about them is that Oomph! made a song with them, called "Brennende Liebe". Sounded really nice. I'll give 'em a try.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
15.10.2007 - 19:51
GT
Coffee!!
staff
As Jonas my knowledge about them is limited to the song they made with Oomph!. But since that song is pretty good I think I'll them a try in the near future
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
03.11.2007 - 13:01
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I've heard of them. I never listened to anything. Maybe I should right away.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram