Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest - To Celebrate Career With Their First Official Book Release

Judas Priest and Rufus Publications are pleased to announce the publication of the first ever official book, documenting the bands extensive history over the last 50 years. Titled Judas Priest - 50 Heavy Metal Years, the book has been put together by David Silver, Ross Halfin and Jayne Andrews.

This huge, 648 page coffee table book chronicles the history of the world's foremost heavy metal band using hundreds of unseen, unpublished photographs from Rock's greatest photographers including Ross Halfin, Neil Zlozower, Mark Weiss, Fin Costello, Oliver Halfin and many more. With a linking text by renowned journalist Mark Blake the book explores the bands exciting history on stage and off in a unique photo documentary designed to excite fans and devotees of true heavy metal the world over. Current band members have all contributed to the book with written pieces detailing their love and passion for the band, making this an extraordinary artefact for their legions of followers. The book features an exclusive cover by Mark Wilkinson who has worked with the band for many years now. Glenn Tipton comments: "We spear-headed the visual image of metal - breathing new life into it and it has been captured forever in the pages of this book".

Rufus Publications are making 4 incredible editions of the book available including an edition designed to raise money for The Glenn Tipton Parkinson's Foundation and a giant 410mm square edition supplied in a beautiful black metal slipcase - the book will ship in early December in time for Christmas

The Standard Edition: 648 page book 12" square printed on art paper - supplied in a cloth slipcase with red foil

The Deluxe Edition: 500 numbered copies 12" square - bound in black leather with a 3D lenticular to the front - gold foil and an exclusive fold out poster. Each copy is personally signed by Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton, Ian Hill, Richie Faulkner and Scott Travis

The Glenn Tipton Parkinson's Foundation Charity Edition: 100 numbered copies 12" square - printed on art paper with a special blue cover supplied in a cloth slipcase with blue foil. Each copy is personally signed by Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton, Ian Hill, Richie Faulkner and Scott Travis. All proceeds from this edition will go to The Glenn Tipton Parkinson's Foundation

The Epic Leather and Metal Edition: 100 numbered copies 16" square - bound in luxurious padded black leather with a 3D lenticular to the front - gold foil and an exclusive fold out poster. The book comes in a die cut black metal slipcase. Each copy is personally signed by Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton, Ian Hill, Richie Faulkner and Scott Travis.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Judas Priest
Posted: 08.09.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 58 users
08.09.2020 - 14:42
nikarg

Rob's autobiography is also coming out at the end of the month. I will start with that one I think.
09.09.2020 - 11:00
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
648 pages for a coffee table book is fucking bananas
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 1739 | This month: 7