Metal Storm logo
Elis - New MCD Due In November

Sandra Schleret, the new voice behind Elis, has just laid down the vocal tracks to the new version of Show Me the Way to be released on the upcoming MCD of the same title. The recording is scheduled to hit the streets in the fall and coincides with the band's tour with ASP. The MCD comprises unreleased material of the band with the former vocalist Sabine Dünser, who died tragically last year. The tracks are her final recordings--the final chapters of concept album Griefshire. Show Me the Way was originally scheduled for release prior to Griefshire, but was postponed due to Sabine´s death.

Release of Show Me The Way: 2.november.2007

Source: napalmrecords.com
Band profile: Elis
Posted: 14.07.2007 by dismaleuphony

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 2 users
14.07.2007 - 18:27
Arrwyn

Hmm, I think they should have stopped on Griefshire. Sabine died at practice...I don't think it's right to replace her like this.

They should have at least renamed the band...
16.07.2007 - 07:33
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Arrwyn on 14.07.2007 at 18:27

Hmm, I think they should have stopped on Griefshire. Sabine died at practice...I don't think it's right to replace her like this.

They should have at least renamed the band...

Well, I guess we disagree on this... Perhaps Sabine would have preferred the band continued in her honor? I don't think a band should change its name based on the death of a member, particularly if the band is going to keep playing music in a similar style. No matter what, I think the band has the final say and I don't think anyone but them can decide the best direction. I do recall at first the band had considered disbanding but decided against it; I think they are making the decision that is right for them as they seem confident about it.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Hits total: 1954 | This month: 4