Metal Storm logo
Jinjer - Announce First Live Album Release

Ukrainian modern metal leaders Jinjer have announced the official release of the audio recordings from one of the last metal shows played on the planet before the global Covid-19 lockdown: their ferocious sold out Melbourne, Australia performance on March 5, 2020. Coinciding with the announcement, the band has also released a live video for their pummeling tech groove track "Teacher, Teacher!", the opening song of the afore-mentioned show. Their newly announced upcoming live album includes 17 tracks in total and will be released on November 20, 2020 via Napalm Records.

The band comments: "Some shows just deserve to be carved in stone and memorialized forever. This was the case regarding our first ever Australian tour in March 2020, where we hit a few milestones all at once: we finally played on every continent there is to play on, our first time in down under was a complete sellout and more importantly we experienced the love, passion and craziness we've always heard so much about the Australian crowd. Hell, there were even fans from New Zealand that showed up to the party. Now, after nearly half year of lockdown I can barely watch this footage without shedding a few tears. If any of you knew how much time, patience, nerves and effort we put into making this live album possible- you would probably be surprised we managed to pull it off at all. Adversity kept coming and coming, and coming at us again and again but here we are : Alive in Melbourne 2020 is real and it's coming out in all it's visual and sonic glory! Let's watch it, listen to it and let's remember how a real metal gig should look and sound: the sweat, the volume, the performance and the crowd ? we need this feeling back! I am proud that we managed to capture this place in time and share it with you as our first official live album!"

Tracks as follows:

01 Intro
02 Teacher, Teacher!
03 Sit Stay Roll Over
04 Ape
05 Judgement (& Punishment)
06 I Speak Astronomy
07 Who Is Gonna Be The One
08 Noah
09 Retrospection
10 Perennial
11 On The Top
12 Pit Of Consciousness
13 Home Back
14 Words Of Wisdom
15 Pisces
16 Captain Clock
17 Outro

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Jinjer
Posted: 09.09.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 54 users
09.09.2020 - 20:16
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I know they don't appeal to everyone but I think this band is awesome! They look awesome live too. Tatiana has an amazing voice and she sounds great without too many effects. The setlist for this album though is good, not great. Too much Macro, not enough Cloud Factory imo... but hey, its their new album so its to be expected really.
10.09.2020 - 08:31
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Jinjer = The poor man's version of Guano Apes meets Arch Enemy.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
10.09.2020 - 11:50
s(AINT)

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 10.09.2020 at 08:31

Alissa has nothing on Tati's vocals
10.09.2020 - 21:40
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by s(AINT) on 10.09.2020 at 11:50

I guess he's referring to Angela

At any rate, anytime this band's name somewhere pops up, I get only cringes.
----
The Fangirl.
10.09.2020 - 23:24
Rupert

Cover art reminds me of Sugar Ray's "Floored"
13.09.2020 - 16:59
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by s(AINT) on 10.09.2020 at 11:50

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 10.09.2020 at 08:31

My comparison isn't so shallow as to only be comparing the female vocalists. I'm just saying that Jinjer sounds like a cheap ripoff of Guano Apes with a mix of Arch Enemy.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
29.09.2020 - 00:54
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 13.09.2020 at 16:59

My comparison isn't so shallow as to only be comparing the female vocalists. I'm just saying that Jinjer sounds like a cheap ripoff of Guano Apes with a mix of Arch Enemy.

Actually you described them perfectly
----
The Fangirl.

Hits total: 1477 | This month: 10