Metal Storm logo
Artension

15.07.2007 - 00:21
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Yet another prog power topic I have started haha. These guys are different though, as they are more of a supergroup. While not always a supergroup, in recent times however they acquired that status with musicians many might know. John West (Royal Hunt) on vocals, Steve DiGiorgio (Death, Iced Earth) on bass, Vitalij Kuprij (Adagio, and solo stuff, along with Jens Johansson, one of my favorite keyboardists) and Mike Terrana (Rage, Masterplan and many others). They have released 7 albums to date, with Future World being their latest, and also my favorite, though forces of nature comes close. Now it's your turn, let me know what you think!
15.07.2007 - 12:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know name and some songs from firts album, because my friend ha sit but I havnt listen it so long and tape are bad so dunno what to say, in those days when I lsitened I like it now dunno
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.07.2007 - 09:01
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 15.07.2007 at 12:15

I know name and some songs from firts album, because my friend ha sit but I havnt listen it so long and tape are bad so dunno what to say, in those days when I lsitened I like it now dunno

Well it wouldn't hurt to listen to it again! You never know you may like it better!
23.07.2007 - 04:52
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Artension is a band that I haven't listened to for awhile but I have enjoyed what I've heard...their keyboardist is incredible but I find that it lacks emotion and is just chops...his solo stuff is like that too because I have a few of his solo albums and all the songs are based around him wanking the keyboard to hell...at least Artension has some meat and potatoes behind it...I didn't know that he was in Adagio though...that's good to know because a lot of the keyboard work I found was a lot like what he does...but it's him anyway hahah...
26.07.2007 - 09:21
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.07.2007 at 04:52

Artension is a band that I haven't listened to for awhile but I have enjoyed what I've heard...their keyboardist is incredible but I find that it lacks emotion and is just chops...his solo stuff is like that too because I have a few of his solo albums and all the songs are based around him wanking the keyboard to hell...at least Artension has some meat and potatoes behind it...I didn't know that he was in Adagio though...that's good to know because a lot of the keyboard work I found was a lot like what he does...but it's him anyway hahah...

Yeah Vitalij Kuprij is quite the keyboardist, and is indeed one of those neo classical wankers (when you're good, it's bound to happen) his solo stuff is at least fun to listen to (for at least a little bit).