Metal Storm logo
Cash

16.09.2020 - 12:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I have a question. How many of you still use cash?
I dont, maybe once per year, to me all is online, card, virtual money, buying online and so on. Only place in Scandinavia where you can use it is street markets. Many places are cash free, like buses, small shops, services and so on. In supermarkets from 10 cash desks 9 are cash free. 9 from 10 fuel stations are cash free, you can fuel up.
Even tourists from EU and USA start use carts more n more, only where all deals are whit cash is street markets. But its less n less year by year. Even pensionars start use card more n more. 60% of youth use cash are criminal and drug deals. pensioners over 75 still likes it but rest is just bank card.

I like it even I still have some coins to pay to Charon later after 15 years when I will sail to River Styx and piss off Cerberus bastard dogs from Hell, otherwise no I dont carry, I forgot how Kronor looks like, also Euros, it was a while....

Howe about you?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.09.2020 - 14:47
Rufus Valentine
Account deleted
Cash is awesome. Gangsters use it and the puppet masters can't track you. How could it not be cool?
16.09.2020 - 14:50
HyperDrifter

Only time I get cash is from gifts and would rather have in straight in my bank where I can actually use it - I pay for everything by card or online.
The Covid outbreak is also pushing it to more cashless I think - some places here in UK are now card only as a result, and even some major festivals went completely cashless last year.
16.09.2020 - 20:50
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
India is a fun country.

We transitioned from an absolute cash reliable markets to digital markets within' 7 yrs where the last nail in the coffin came in 2016 when the government pulled the Indian banknote demonetization.

The influx of veins of markets is remotely lying on digital transactions giving rise to more threats like hacking, phishing, and compromising high-range servers.

India has a complicated market structure with great capitalization - back up schemes like strong import duties, market localisations, traditional market turnovers, etc gives Indian currency a fair standard deal. So, I was pessimist seeing this transition might crash Indian markets and gorge into recession as India totally relies on monetary loans and taxes, but to my utmost surprise, it turns out to be a very smooth transition. This is just a scratch of what developed in a decade.

Coming back on topic, well, I don't use much cash for transactions that can almost get it done digitally.
17.09.2020 - 05:39
Lord Slothrop

My transactions are roughly 85% cash 15% card. I only use my card online and occasionally for gas.
17.09.2020 - 12:15
nikarg

Lord Slothrop is probably a gangsta or part of the mob

I always use cash for small expenses, like my coffee-to-go every day or to buy cigarettes (before I recently quit smoking for the umpteenth time). I also sometimes use cash in bars and restaurants but cashless purchases are admittedly so much easier. Corona has made cash almost disappear but I wasn't using it much before the outbreak either.
17.09.2020 - 15:52
Vombatus
Potorro
I use to pay everything in cash except for mandatory transfers (rent, utilities, the odd online purchase). Every now and then I'd withdraw a big amount of cash and it would last a few months. No problem. I didn't see any advantage paying with a card and it had the downside of giving away a lot of information and the bank trying to screw you over with commissions, fees and whatever they can imagine.

Nowadays I just use a prepaid card that has a few benefits, so at least you get something more for using it. Not like the average useless bank card. I still have cash as it is always good to have some at hand, more so in times of uncertainty.
Not a fan of the war on cash and the tendency towards 100% central digital currencies. Thankfully, there are alternatives.
17.09.2020 - 23:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by nikarg on 17.09.2020 at 12:15

Lord Slothrop is probably a gangsta or part of the mob

I always use cash for small expenses, like my coffee-to-go every day or to buy cigarettes (before I recently quit smoking for the umpteenth time). I also sometimes use cash in bars and restaurants but cashless purchases are admittedly so much easier. Corona has made cash almost disappear but I wasn't using it much before the outbreak either.

When i did go out i used cash, because i was poor, and I could buy as much beer as o had money. Sek 300 so hmm 4 or 5 beers. Now its not possible, you cant even buy bus tikets whit cash from driver, only buss station. But they are close often, maybe 3h per day.
----

apos;'
[image]
05.12.2020 - 10:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Due high risk robbery Sweden might make law that you can not take out cash after 22.
It can be good in S Sweden, north well life is as in Alaska, even I take out cash maybe once per year when need pay off someone did some work for me and he wants cash.
Guy did my snow mobile seat I paid sek 600. It would costs in real store sek 1400 , so maybe you would take out 700 after taxes.

So our busses are cash free, soon all be cash free.
----

apos;'
[image]
20.01.2021 - 12:30
ZachPoch

Most of my payments are made with the help of the card, I think