10. Crushing Chest Wound
11. The Monster With 21 Faces
12. Jesus Freaks
13. The Fatal Feast
14. 12 Step Program
15. Eviction Party [bonus]
16. Death Tax
17. Residential Disaster

On the contrary to Miller's planet, here we deal with a beer-world filled with crazy partying maniacs who adore thrash metal and mutation. Time moves extremely fast on this planet and walls of crossover thrash metal tidal waves are inevitable.

Yeah, folks, Municipal Waste is the name of that planet; the Virginia-based thrashers signed to Nuclear Blast and recorded a label debut, namely The Fatal Feast.

Reviewer's recommendation: I'll advise you to give a listen only if you're stacked with beer crates - it's fun. Trust me.

The fifth installment to Municipal Waste's catalog showcases terrific highlights similar to its predecessors, continuing the tradition of ultra-fast face-rippin' thrash metal anthems to your perusal; that is exactly what The Fatal Feast emulated through a span of 17 songs clocking 37 mins 44 seconds.

It kicks right off the bat with "Waste Into Space" in a true Municipal Waste flamboyant style-intro that sets the record fucking straight and carries the momentum to the mid-section of the album, churning out vicious thrash-y vibes, especially in "Repossession", "New Dead Masters", and "Unholy Abductor", alongside raw punk-y tunes and occasional stomping breakdowns in "You're Cut Off", "Authority Complex", "Standards And Practices" and "The Monster With 21 Faces". Furthermore, the last half perfectly emulates the The Art Of Partying closers, finishing the album off in style.

As I initially said, The Fatal Feast shows strong similarities to previous offerings, which isn't a terrible thing, especially when a band is terrific in fomenting crushing slabs of riffs and grooves. Having said that, The Fatal Feast appears to be more straightforward than initial records, enriched with elements that one fan wants to feel in the sound of crossover thrash metal. For someone who wants to start with Municipal Waste, this album is definitely a lovely start.

Highlights: "You're Cut Off" and "Authority Complex"

Written by Cynic Metalhead | 16.09.2020

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 12 users
17.09.2020 - 23:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Congrats dude whit review. Thrash has some party mood, has some beer mood
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 676 | This month: 7