Metal Storm logo
Uriah Heep - Former Drummer Lee Kerslake Passed Away

Legendary drummer Lee Kerslake, best known for his time with Uriah Heep and Ozzy Osbourne, has passed away at the age of 73. Lee was performing with Uriah Heep in two different periods for more than 30 years: 1971-1979 and 1982-2007. Rest in peace.

Former Uriah Heep keyboardist Ken Hensley states: "It's with the heaviest of hearts that I share with you that Lee Kerslake, my friend of 55 years and the best drummer I ever played with, lost his battle with cancer at 03:30 this morning. He died peacefully, praise The Lord, but he will be terribly missed. I know many of you were praying for him not to suffer and I thank you for that and, now that Lee is at peace, our thoughts and prayers should turn to his wife Sue who will need all the support she can get at this time."

Guitarist and original member of Uriah Heep Mick Box comments: "Lee was one of the kindest men on earth, as well as being a brother he was an incredible drummer, singer and song writer! He had a passion for life bar none and was much loved by the fans, as well as anyone who crossed his path. Rock in peace my friend and say hi to David, Gary, John and Trevor for me. This picture says it all!"

Source: uriah-heep.com
Band profile: Uriah Heep
Posted: 19.09.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 33 users
19.09.2020 - 21:22
Aries Rising

One of the main reasons why Ozzy's solo career was a success. RIP to a legend.
21.09.2020 - 01:32
mikeprado30

May his soul rest in peace.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
21.09.2020 - 01:44
JoHn Doe

Sad news, no shock here, it was well known he's been fighting cancer for quite a while.

Love that picture of Lee and Mick.

R.I.P.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
21.09.2020 - 13:03
vadgris6

+ R. I. P. +
21.09.2020 - 13:07
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Glad to hear he died peacefully. R.I.P.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?

Hits total: 1149 | This month: 5