Metal Storm logo
Flotsam And Jetsam - New Album Is Finished

Flotsam And Jetsam guitarist Michael Gilbert recently told BraveWords that the band's follow-up to last year's The End Of Chaos is "pretty much done". The record is reportedly due for release next year. More news coming soon.

Gilbert commented: "It's like an assembly line kind of thing - we try to have 10 or 12 keepers, but if something pops out that's better, we'll take whatever the worst one is and shuffle it away, put it on the shelf for another time. We don't want to have any sleeper tracks on the record at all.

"We're trying to maintain consistency with our records now. We've been all over the map for so many years, and now we're starting to write, ever since the self-titled record, from The End Of Chaos to the next one, they're going to have titles that are kind of related. Drift was kind of an experiment for us, we were all over the map, it was so different from our very first record Doomsday For The Deceiver. If you listen to them both next to each other you would say it isn't even the same band. So if you listen to these three, including the one we're writing right now, the most current records, you're gonna say this is definitely all the same band. Even though all the songs are different, you can tell. We're not sticking to the same formula or anything like that - a lot of bands have a formula that they stick to and they always sound the same - and they're always successful and they never let their fans down. For me, that's kind of boring."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Flotsam And Jetsam
Posted: 06.09.2020 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 9 users
20.09.2020 - 00:03
sgtrobo

Really interested to hear this one. I thought End of Chaos was an underappreciated gem, so I'm eager to catch this one

Hits total: 634 | This month: 3