Metal Storm logo
Fear Factory - Vocalist Burton C. Bell Announces His Departure

Vocalist Burton C. Bell has announced his official departure from Fear Factory, citing issues with the remaining members as the cause. Burton was part of the band since the formation back in 1989. You can read his full statement below.

Full statement from Burton as follows:

"I consider myself a private person, preferring to keep my personal business to myself and trusted loved ones. I make my public statements with thoughtful intent, never deviating from the truth, in spite of the consistent series of dishonest representations and unfounded accusations from past and present band members; a toxic drama I choose to not be part of.

"The past several years have been profoundly agonizing, with these members bleeding my passion with depraved deceit. As a direct consequence of their greed, these three have dragged me through the unjust, judicial system, resulting in the legal attrition that has financially crippled me. In the end, these three members have taken possession of my principal livelihood. However, they will never take my 30-year legacy as the beating heart of the machine. A legacy that no other member, past or present, can ever claim.

"So, it is after considerable, contemplative soul searching that I have come to the realization that I cannot align myself with someone whom I do not trust, nor respect. Therefore, I am announcing to my fans my departure from Fear Factory, to focus all my energy and attention toward the continuing success for Ascension Of The Watchers, and all my future endeavors.

"I am very proud of the Ascension Of The Watchers' latest album, Apocrypha. The writing and recording process for Apocrypha has been a truly cathartic and artistic journey of exploration and growth for me. Reigniting my passions for my writing, allowing my music to flourish, enabling my soul to soar, saving me from the real hell that engulfed a significant part of my daily life. Collaborating with talented, kindred spirits has truly created an inspirational environment of support and mutual respect, a spirit I have missed for a very long time.

"I would like to thank all of my fans for their continued support throughout my career. I am very proud of my achievements, but, it is time for me to move forward. Now I look to the future with open eyes, open mind and open heart, as my artistic path strives for even greater success in music, writing and my art. It's true, "the end is always the beginning". The soul is free from the machine."

Source: burtoncbell.com
Band profile: Fear Factory
Posted: 29.09.2020 by SlaytanicBacon

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 29   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 202 users
29.09.2020 - 01:12
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
This surely will be the end for them.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

29.09.2020 - 01:14
Illusion's_Void

...Dude...
29.09.2020 - 01:56
OpethFlames

Such a shame all the BS business side of things and greed. Their new yet to be unreleased album has been complete for a few years I have heard, but who knows if it will ever see the light of day.
29.09.2020 - 02:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I used to love this band but by the time I began transitioning out of liking their sound, this entire drama unfolded, so it didn't affect me on a meaningful level. Even still, I feel bad for Bell and hope he finds success in other endeavors.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.09.2020 - 03:16
Oracles

For a messed up bloke who made a lot of anti-God songs in FF, he says "soul" and "spirit" quite frequently in this passage lol.
29.09.2020 - 04:02
Khold Baroness

Very sad news from one of my favourite bands of all time 😞
29.09.2020 - 04:54
IBlackened

Written by Oracles on 29.09.2020 at 03:16

For a messed up bloke who made a lot of anti-God songs in FF, he says "soul" and "spirit" quite frequently in this passage lol.

Maybe he doesn't believe in the abrahamic god but believes in spirt or soul.
----
Their old stuff is better.
29.09.2020 - 08:25
omne metallum

Like 2 weeks ago: Awesome! Fear Factory are back!
2 weeks later: Can't anything about 2020 go well?

FF are just going to become a shell of their former selves now, as much as I found Bell's voice to be deteriorating he was an integral part of the band.

So does this mean there are no original members left now?
----
Just because I'm not listening doesn't mean I don't care
29.09.2020 - 12:18
Porkchop II.

WHOA! He went out with a big BOOOM!
29.09.2020 - 15:32
Lanthros

Written by Oracles on 29.09.2020 at 03:16

You don't have to be Christian to be a spiritual person.
29.09.2020 - 15:34
theFIST

Written by omne metallum on 29.09.2020 at 08:25

So does this mean there are no original members left now?

Cazares took over the band alone
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
29.09.2020 - 16:05
s_t_s

Shit, that sucks big time! At the very same moment Cazares is gathering money from fans all over the world to re-record their Monolith album that was completed in 2017 but kept unreleased because of legale issues. I really heop that this swan album makes it to the light. Another one for a farewell One of the few old bands I kept listening to, another one shot down for silly reasons...
29.09.2020 - 16:14
omne metallum

Written by s_t_s on 29.09.2020 at 16:05

Shit, that sucks big time! At the very same moment Cazares is gathering money from fans all over the world to re-record their Monolith album that was completed in 2017 but kept unreleased because of legale issues. I really heop that this swan album makes it to the light. Another one for a farewell One of the few old bands I kept listening to, another one shot down for silly reasons...

That's a point, are they going to have to re-do the vocals now that Bell has gone? Yet another delay >_>
----
Just because I'm not listening doesn't mean I don't care
29.09.2020 - 16:18
UPDIRNS

This sucks big time! They are finished IMO. Bell vocals and passion in his singing were the cornerstones of this band. Don't get me wrong the muscians have always been great but this is going to be a major blow to a long time epic band that help found a genre.
29.09.2020 - 16:25
s_t_s

Written by omne metallum on 29.09.2020 at 16:14

Written by s_t_s on 29.09.2020 at 16:05

That's a point, are they going to have to re-do the vocals now that Bell has gone? Yet another delay >_>

From what I read on FB Dino Cazares mostly needs more money to record real drums instead of programmed drums. Also this implies mixing the all thing once more. He also said that "Burton is on the record" but added nothing when aksed about Burton's opinion regarding the GoFundMe campaign. I really don't understand what went wrong... All this pile of shit
29.09.2020 - 19:53
Chidder

Written by s_t_s on 29.09.2020 at 16:25

From what I read on FB Dino Cazares mostly needs more money to record real drums instead of programmed drums. Also this implies mixing the all thing once more. He also said that "Burton is on the record" but added nothing when aksed about Burton's opinion regarding the GoFundMe campaign. I really don't understand what went wrong... All this pile of shit

It smells very fishy to me. They recorded an album in 2017, they are signed to Nuclear Blast, and still Dino needs 25.000 dollars?? And he started the campaign right now? When he need to pay both his lawyers and ex-wife? He didn't even offer the funders digital download of the album! No wonder, that Bell thinks it is a scam.
29.09.2020 - 20:00
Opethian

That's a wrap for Fear Factory. Should have never reunited with Dino. Keep hearing about how toxic he is to be around with. All the best, Burton! Thank you for everything
30.09.2020 - 00:00
IBlackened

Written by Opethian on 29.09.2020 at 20:00

That's a wrap for Fear Factory. Should have never reunited with Dino. Keep hearing about how toxic he is to be around with. All the best, Burton! Thank you for everything

There was no shortage of drama in any band he was part of.
----
Their old stuff is better.
30.09.2020 - 00:16
mariano

"In the end, these three members have taken possession of my principal livelihood" - I guess he includes Dinno too.

I can't understand how Dinno would go against the very same person he has to tour with. I mean, there's not much money for the musicians releasing an album if they don't do gigs... so why bother with the album and the founding campaign?
30.09.2020 - 00:24
Lanthros

It's a shame. Fear Factory was a major musical part of my early adulthood in no small part due to Burton. I haven't listened to them in a long time but their memory holds a special place for me and always will. As far as I'm concerned, no Burton no FF.
30.09.2020 - 01:04
Aries Rising

Calling it now, in five years time we will have two Fear Factories. One with Dino and one with the other three.
30.09.2020 - 02:10
Dronewolf12
Account deleted
I can imagine Dino is a massive prick and incredibly hard to work with.
30.09.2020 - 11:25
Abattoir

Here are some words on this matter from Cazares, who was a guest on the yesterday's NFR podcast with Rob Flynn.

It starts after 30 minutes...

30.09.2020 - 18:56
s_t_s

Written by Aries Rising on 30.09.2020 at 01:04

Calling it now, in five years time we will have two Fear Factories. One with Dino and one with the other three.

Fear Factory without Burton will NOT be FF...
30.09.2020 - 21:53
theFIST

that was possible after the first split, but not after the law suits from the others bankrupted Bell after the band was restarted the second time
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
30.09.2020 - 22:03
Aries Rising

Written by theFIST on 30.09.2020 at 21:53

that was possible after the first split, but not after the law suits from the others bankrupted Bell after the band was restarted the second time

Yeah but money talks and since he is now bankrupt he will have to do something desperate.
01.10.2020 - 06:42
Novas

Already was at some point.. Dino's Divine Heresy, 2 albums, 2 different vocalists. Debut album had Tommy Vext of Westfield Massacre/Bad Wolves lol
01.10.2020 - 17:14
Aries Rising

Written by Novas on 01.10.2020 at 06:42

Already was at some point.. Dino's Divine Heresy, 2 albums, 2 different vocalists. Debut album had Tommy Vext of Westfield Massacre/Bad Wolves lol

I thought that was Dino's core band, or what that his other band that no one cared about?
06.10.2020 - 03:09
Novas

Written by Aries Rising on 01.10.2020 at 17:14

Written by Novas on 01.10.2020 at 06:42

I thought that was Dino's core band, or what that his other band that no one cared about?

It was his core band before being invited back to Fear Factory. Only had 2 releases back in 2007 & 2009. He was aiming at a third, but that's when he focused on FF. Basically, the band was a FF twin, but more focused on melodicness & metalcore elements. I don't think anyone cared for his 90s Spanish grindcore band Asesino (Brujeria)

Hits total: 2797 | This month: 3