Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - Working On New Music, To Release Live Album

It's been five-and-a-half years since Iron Maiden released their most recent studio album The Book Of Souls, but frontman Bruce Dickinson recently delivered video message confirming that the band has been in the studio working on what appears to be new material for their long-awaited seventeenth studio album. Furthermore, Iron Maiden announce the release of a brand new double live album Nights Of The Dead, Legacy Of The Beast: Live in Mexico City, recorded during the band's three sold out arena shows there in September 2019. It will be out on on November 20th worldwide.

The singer then went on to say: "A lot of things haven't happened this year, that's blindingly obvious, and it's very, very frustrating. However, we do have plans. In the meantime, what are we doing? Well, we're doing bits of writing. I'm talking to Steve [Harris]. We've been working together a little bit in the studio. On what, I can't tell you, 'cause they'd have to kill me. We're all still here, we're all still gagging and raring to go. We are not going away. We are solid, and there's going to be some great stuff happening in the near future. Bye for now, live long and prosper."

The live album tracklisting is as follows:

Churchill's Speech
Aces High
Where Eagles Dare
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Clansman
The Trooper
Revelations
For The Greater Good Of God
The Wicker Man
Sign Of The Cross
Flight Of Icarus
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run To The Hills

Steve Harris comments: When the final leg of our 2020 Legacy tour this summer had to be cancelled due to the COVID pandemic, the whole band was very disappointed and deflated and we know our fans felt the same. We'd been really looking forward to bringing the show to even more countries and although we've been able to reschedule most of our European own-shows for 2021, we thought we'd take a listen to the recordings from the tour so far and see if we could create a definitive live album souvenir that everyone, everywhere could enjoy. I'm very pleased with the results, especially as this set list includes songs which have never made it to a live CD before, such as "For The Greater Good Of God", and other older songs like "Where Eagles Dare", "Flight Of Icarus", "The Clansman" and "Sign Of The Cross" which haven't been included in our live set releases for many years.

"We've never released a live album from Mexico before and I think this recording does justice to the passion and joy of our Mexican fans who always give us such a fantastic welcome whenever we play there."

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 01.10.2020 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 169 users
01.10.2020 - 18:07
Khold Baroness

One of the greatest bands of all time 🙏🌠🖤🎵🎶🔥💪🤘
01.10.2020 - 18:28
skelator

With one of the worst art cover of all time
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
01.10.2020 - 21:41
Maco
Pvt Funderground
They really can't stop releasing live albums eh?
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
02.10.2020 - 05:53
Lord Slothrop

Written by skelator on 01.10.2020 at 18:28

It almost makes Dance of Death look good. Almost.
02.10.2020 - 08:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Maco on 01.10.2020 at 21:41

One day I listened live all their live, now I cant stand their live albums, Well they has not record live album in Zimbabwe ,,,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.10.2020 - 08:39
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Bad English on 02.10.2020 at 08:29

Written by Maco on 01.10.2020 at 21:41

One day I listened live all their live, now I cant stand their live albums, Well they has not record live album in Zimbabwe ,,,

Waiting for the Live Album at Ethiopia
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
02.10.2020 - 10:06
Lord Slothrop

I love Maiden, but no shit... they put out way too many live albums.
02.10.2020 - 13:14
omne metallum

Written by skelator on 01.10.2020 at 18:28

The hell is wrong with Eddie's face? It's like i'm squinting at something and all the colours are bleeding into each other.

For me anyway it is one of their strongest track listings I've seen for a Maiden album, pipping Maiden England.
----
Just because I'm not listening doesn't mean I don't care
03.10.2020 - 10:09
mikeprado30

Written by Lord Slothrop on 02.10.2020 at 10:06

Don't look at Dream Theater or they'll overwhelm you with their 340987431 official bootlegs
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
03.10.2020 - 12:28
JoHn Doe

Written by mikeprado30 on 03.10.2020 at 10:09

Written by Lord Slothrop on 02.10.2020 at 10:06

Don't look at Dream Theater or they'll overwhelm you with their 340987431 official bootlegs

the official bootleg series includes demos/alternative takes for some of their albums. I have listened to most of them.
DT is a much smaller band than Maiden. Such live releases are for die hard fans anyway, i would not buy it, but I would probably listen to it somehow.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
03.10.2020 - 13:36
Hellthunder

How many live albums have they already released with 95% identical setlist?
03.10.2020 - 14:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellthunder on 03.10.2020 at 13:36

How many live albums have they already released with 95% identical setlist?

People buys it, they get money , why not.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.10.2020 - 16:23
Silent Creeper
Senile Veteran
To put things in perspective - Iron Maiden have 13 live albums but for example Sunn O))) have approx. 130 live official bootlegs (that are also featured on their official homepage).
03.10.2020 - 16:36
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Live After Death is the only one I ever listen to. The greatest live album ever made.
----
rekt
03.10.2020 - 16:39
JoHn Doe

Written by tea[m]ster on 03.10.2020 at 16:36

Live After Death is the only one I ever listen to. The greatest live album ever made.

you can say that again, when i first listened to it long time ago, it blew my mind.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
05.10.2020 - 18:58
Stormm

Written by tea[m]ster on 03.10.2020 at 16:36

Rock In Rio 2001 was pretty good too.
27.10.2020 - 03:18
NavyMetal

Disappointed that there isn't even one track from "The Book of Souls." I would love to hear "Empire of the Clouds" live. That is truly one of the greatest songs they ever wrote.

Hits total: 2882 | This month: 7