Metal Storm logo
Mork - To Release 'Pesta' EP In November

Following on from 2019's Det Svarte Juv full length comes a special release on Black Friday (November 27th) from Norwegian black metal unit Mork. Pesta ('plague') is the band's brand new 4-track EP, featuring recordings all exclusive to this release.

Mainman Thomas "Mork" Eriksen explains the origins of Pesta: "The Norwegian artist Theodor Kittelsen (1857-1914) has been an important part of Norwegian Black Metal since the early 90's. Kittelsen's artwork has a haunting, eerie and mysterious effect. Most noteworthy is his work in the book "Svartedauden" ('The Black Plague') which was originally published in 1900. During a summer trip I passed through the valley where Kittelsen resided, and visited the farm, Lauvlia. While there I found out that a couple of the drawings in "Svartedauden" are based on actual places. The Kittelsen drawings 'Pesta i trappa' and 'Musstad' are based on a particular house on a different farm, where the artist lived for a while. A good friend of mine said that I should create a song to go along with the pictures, so it all fit nicely with the current Covid-19 situation, so I wrote a song about the Black Plague called "Pesta"."

Track listing:

01. Pesta
02. Valen
03. En Sti Inn I Remmendalen (Live)
04. I Hornenes Bilde (Live)

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mork
Posted: 30.10.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 15 users
30.10.2020 - 17:15
The Entity
Last album was great, should be good!
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
31.10.2020 - 15:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Someone needs to form a black metal band called Mindy so they can tour together.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 1158 | This month: 7