Metal Storm logo
Aeon - New Album Details

Finally! The new Aeon album "Rise To Dominate" is finished and to be unleashed upon mankind shortly! Be prepared for a technical Death Metal apocalypse! "Rise To Dominate" is Aeon's first album for Metal Blade Records and their third in total.

According to the band, the new songs are even "more brutal and raw than ever before". With all this going for the band, it's no wonder that no other than Dan Swanö (Bloodbath, Edge Of Sanity, a.o.), could be persuaded to mix the record. All hell's about to break loose around Aeon!

What can possibly be a bigger honor for a brutal death metal band than having the godfathers of the genre, Cannibal Corpse, declare to be fans of this band and take them out on a European tour? That's exactly what happened with Aeon. As a matter of fact, Cannibal Corpse bassist Alex Webster doesn't waste a chance to sing Aeon's praises: "Aeon's musicianship is among the best in death metal, but their songwriting is what truly sets them apart. It's rare to find a death metal band that is simultaneously crushingly brutal and infectiously catchy. Aeon is one of those rare bands!"

"Rise To Dominate" will be released the 7th of September (G/A/CH/I) - 10th of September (Europe)!

Tracklist "Rise To Dominate"

1) Helel Ben-Shachar
2) Spreading Their Disease
3) Living Sin
4) Hate Them
5) You Pray To Nothing
6) Caressed By The Holy Man
7) House Of Greed
8) Godless
9) When The War Comes
10) There Will Be No Heaven For Me
11) Luke 4-5-7
12) No One Escapes Us

The album cover can be viewed at this location.

Band profile: Aeon
Posted: 19.07.2007 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 2 users
19.07.2007 - 16:41
Syk
myspace/bonerama
"Aeon's musicianship is among the best in death metal, but their songwriting is what truly sets them apart..."
I almost laughed out loud there
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
10.08.2007 - 17:59
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Update from their official website:

"As the release of Rise To Dominate are closing in we thought it'd be nice to give you one track in advance so you have something to go crazy with before you get your hands on the damn thing in full.

We give you... Living Sin - (6,1mb)

Enjoy!"

Hits total: 2571 | This month: 10