Metal Storm logo
UKBM

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.07.2007 - 22:54
I was wondering what you guys think of the English black metal "scene".
I think alot of it has gone unnoticed even by English fans, (that's probably down to either lack of interest or the fact that we have probably have the weakest underground metal scene in Europe or even the world) according to the metal archives we have only 295 active BM bands from this country, but what we lack in numbers we make up for in shear quality of music (there is not [to my knowledge] a bad English BM band bar Arcane Church, they are probaly the worst example of the UKBM sound).
Now being from the UK these bands also have a slight hint of NWOBHM/Heavy Metal riffing.
bands such as Necro Ritual, Reign Of Erebus, Spearhead, Thus Defiled, The One, Abgott, Extinction, Heathen Deity, Hecate Enthroned, Archaicus, Crimson Darkness, Anaal Nathrakh (to name a few) are all amazing but all sound different (I don't think there is any UKBM bands that sound the same) and are good representatives of the genre (some are more well known than others).
Tell us your opinions on this (on a whole) widely neglected "scene", share bands that I haven't mentioned etc.
25.09.2013 - 16:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.09.2013 at 16:20

Written by Bad English on 25.09.2013 at 14:55

Aklash Aklash

I totally should have remembered about that band seeing as they played in my town a few weeks ago. They were a bit boring live but that record is very nice if I remember.

its ok , I enjouyed it but to be honest buy it ... I dont know
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.09.2013 - 16:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 25.09.2013 at 16:22

It's nothing groundbreaking. Just solid.
25.09.2013 - 16:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.09.2013 at 16:22

Written by Bad English on 25.09.2013 at 16:22

It's nothing groundbreaking. Just solid.

I enjoye dit melanholical autumn day like today and when I mentaly prepered me to tommrows 1th snow, but if I need buy this album and pay actual money (unless I cant spend 10 000 pounds per week till I die ) I would not buy this one
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing