Metal Storm logo
Ephel Duath - Begin Work On New Album

Official Earache Records press release:

"Italian experimental jazz metallers Ephel Duath have begun work on a new album due to be released in 2008. The album, entitled "Through My Dog's Eyes" is set to be a concept album in which a dog depicts his vision of various aspects of life, from casual things like nightmares or walks to deeper issues such as accepting death and the rules of nature that are unavoidable. The band are currently gathered together, writing and arranging the songs, and guitarist Davide had this to say about the album:

'The preproduction is very promising, and we'll abuse it to grasp and magnify the potential of each track: we are sure that the album will not only please the fans but that it will also bring us new ones'.

Talking about the concept behind "Through My Dog's Eyes", Davide has also stated that:

'Lyrics-wise, it is a first person narrative in the shape of various short novels. We are in no way attempting to prove any sort of superiority or draw a parallel between man and animal. All we intend to do is capture the essence of how we think dogs see life, hence the use of the first person, and all of this being speculation means that the texts deal with sheer fantasy. We'll push people to think about this concept as an ode to one of the animals with the most humanity in the eyes'.

'Through My Dog's Eyes' will follow the release of the upcoming remix album entitled "Pain Remixes The Known" which is set to be released on July 23rd. To hear a track from the album head over to http://www.myspace.com/ephelduathpainremixestheknown. To find out more about Ephel Duath visit: http://www.myspace.com/ephelduath. Catch Ephel Duath on tour on the these dates.

Source: earache.com
Band profile: Ephel Duath
Posted: 19.07.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 3 users
20.07.2007 - 00:01
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
i've heard some of their stuff, and its pretty cool but weird sounding. This concept sounds even weirder.
20.07.2007 - 01:26
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Great Though the theme of the concept album seems a bit weird, I'm definitely looking forward to it
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
20.07.2007 - 12:56
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Great concept, so interesting... Can't wait for the new album, the previous one was amazing IMO!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
02.08.2007 - 21:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Hopefully it'll be as great as the earlier stuff.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama

Hits total: 2528 | This month: 4