Metal Storm logo
The Long Nose of God

21.07.2007 - 00:24
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Hey guys! How are you all doing? Hope everything is well.

So, I finally got it online. The Long Nose of God!

But wait! What is The Long Nose of God? For those of you who don't know, I head up a Ministry called The Flame Within and we're a Heavy Metal Christian ministry and evangelical group. Part of what we do is hold weekly worship services, much like any church would, but our music is Metal. The Long Nose of God is our worship band, and they play a wide range of styles. This night they covered some songs by Anthrax, Killswitch Engage, Living Sacrifice, Stryper, Johnathan Helser and Kolani Gleckler.

This show was recorded on February 13, 2007 at Montreat College.
The band
Andy Black (vocals & piano)
Ben Lambert (guitar)
Mike Shannon (bass & backing vocals)
Kevin Emert (drums)
Pete Council (electric drums & percussion)

I have 10 of the 11 sections loaded up online, and here are the m4a files for you to download for FREE!!! Some of this tracks are short little talk breaks between some songs. Funny stuff to hear as well.

A Sign and a Wonder
Image of the Invisible
Plane Landing
God is Love
Chaplin Steve learns about Moshing
Perfect
Jon Vomits and Magnum Opus
Take This Oath
Safe Home
Passion

Here is the page for the Archive info.

Well, I hope you all like it. Please let me know what you think of it all.
----
(space for rent)
18.08.2007 - 17:43
Enkaida
Account deleted
Hah, cool name for the band ^^
24.08.2007 - 03:21
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by Guest on 18.08.2007 at 17:43

Hah, cool name for the band ^^

Haha, yeah it is. It comes from an ancient Hebrew term.

Did you get to listen to the music at all?
----
(space for rent)
25.08.2007 - 04:37
Enkaida
Account deleted
I'm sorry I didn't, pretty bad of me not listening to other people's music since i'm trying to promote my own, but my connection is really slow. I do visit this forum from time to time though, and I might be upgrade the connection in a while. I'm still open to having a listen!
28.08.2007 - 14:25
iaberis
Advice Troll
I'll have a listen too!
----
Bitch! Please
28.08.2007 - 20:29
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I had a listen...I don't know why you thought I would like it...I mean, it's all for a good cause in your case and I'm sure that a lot of people think that it's good shit but I personally don't like it...I wish you guys the best of luck with it though...I guess I'd have to hear a professional recording to really get something out of it...
29.08.2007 - 01:42
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Well, it is not for everyone. Yeah, I think a studio release would be much better, but none of this was really supposed to be recorded. I mean, these are priase and worship songs done during a church service. Being so, I think that is the interesting part of it.
----
(space for rent)
29.08.2007 - 02:40
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well I personally think that you guys should focus on some sort of studio release...it sounds like you guys have a lot of potential...
30.08.2007 - 01:13
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Well, four of those five guys just got back from England where they spent two weeks recording a new original priase and worship album. It was more melo-rock stuff, no metal.
----
(space for rent)
31.08.2007 - 05:48
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I think you should sing and play flute in a Satanic death metal band Jed

Just kiddin' man
31.08.2007 - 06:09
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Maybe I should. I have a pretty impressive death growl.
----
(space for rent)
04.09.2007 - 15:49
..ExoTeaR..

I'm sure you would have already heard of them but just incase, you might like Mortification, i hate fucken christianity and all it's war's and bullshit however i dont discriminate on good metal just bkaus it's about christianity, and was good to see these guy's get commercail television coverage not to long ago (month) http://www.mortification.de/eng/
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
05.09.2007 - 05:44
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by ..ExoTeaR.. on 04.09.2007 at 15:49

I'm sure you would have already heard of them but just incase, you might like Mortification, i hate fucken christianity and all it's war's and bullshit however i dont discriminate on good metal just bkaus it's about christianity, and was good to see these guy's get commercail television coverage not to long ago (month) http://www.mortification.de/eng/

Yeah, I have all of their albums. But just to let you know, we're not discussing other bands here. Thanks.
----
(space for rent)
05.09.2007 - 18:48
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Jed...do you think you could send me a sound bite of your growl? I'd love to hear it...
05.09.2007 - 20:48
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Yeah, as soon as I can get it online I can.
----
(space for rent)