Metal Storm logo
Vanishing Point - New Album Details

Australian Progressive Metal outfit Vanishing Point will release their upcoming album "The Fourth Season", on August 24 via Dockyard 1.

"The Fourth Season" [cover art] tracklisting:

01. Embodiment
02. Tyranny Of Distance
03. Surrender
04. Hope Among The Heartless
05. Gaia
06. I Within I
07. Behind The Open Door
08. Ashen Sky
09. One Foot In Both Worlds
10. Veil Of Deceit
11. Wake Me
12. A Day Of Difference

A statement by Dockyard 1 reads as follows:

Our Australian metal gods Vanishing Point successfully recorded and mixed "The Fourth Season" - the follow-up to their 2005 milestone "Embrace The Silence". Again the band teamed up with Endel Rivers at Palmstudios in their hometown Melbourne/Australia. But this time the mastering will be done by legendary Mika Jussila (who worked with Stratovarius, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica...) at Finnvox Studios in Helsinki, Finland. Vanishing Point also shoot a video to the song "Surrender", here's the message from the band:

"Greetings ladies and gentlemen, just a quick note to let you know that we are still alive and keeping busy with everything related to the new album. Two weeks ago we had recorded a music video for a song from our forthcoming album which will be released in the next few months, the song titled "Surrender" was recorded by our good friends at Demo Clips, and so far the video looks excellent, we will let you know when we will upload it!"

Source: dockyard1.com
Band profile: Vanishing Point
Posted: 20.07.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 0 users
21.07.2007 - 06:33
Eternal Flames

This is great news. I can't wait to hear the new album. I saw the video to the track "Surrender" and it sounds great. It's definitely a lot heavier than "Embrace The Silence". The only thing that I feel is missing is the prominent use of keyboards. It was the keyboard work that I really loved in "Embrace The Silence", but nevertheless it's still sounding very solid and melodic. Cannot wait till the new album is finally released and the band start hitting the live scene once again.
22.07.2007 - 12:23
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Also Vanishing Point has posted its video for the song "Surrender" at YouTube here.
23.07.2007 - 20:08
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
"Surrender", great song. Can't wait for the release of The Fourth Season.
23.07.2007 - 23:44
Ivan
Retired Admin
Wow, this is definitely one of the best covers I've seen. Glad that we didn't have to wait another 5 years for the new album this time

Hits total: 2936 | This month: 1