Metal Storm logo
Looking for South-American death(extreme) metal

23.07.2007 - 19:13
BlackMin
Account deleted
Lately ive spent quite a time listening Krisiun, and im really getting into them at the moment. Im pretty much aware of the european/north american death metal scene but i just know a few for what comes to South American death metal bands. So recommendations, anyone? Bands from other "extreme metal" genres are wellcome too. cheers
23.07.2007 - 19:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its hard and complicated because moust of bands are forgotten and gone but there are fiew
Of crose Climt, Krisiun, early Sepultura, Sarcofago, Holocausto, 1917, Inquaciao, Vulcano, and others
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.07.2007 - 21:49
ylside

I recommend you Cenotaph, The Chasm ,Bloodsoaked, Toxodeth and Mutilator. Especially Cenotaph.

Also, try to get a compilation called "The Lost tapes of Cogumelo", you might find bands to your likings.
24.07.2007 - 15:18
BlackMin
Account deleted
Okies, i havent heard of all those bands you guys mentioned, will check them out soon, thanks. Atleast The Chasm sounds pretty descent for first listen.
25.07.2007 - 17:58
Salvation
Account deleted
Sepultura is the best of them i think.
26.07.2007 - 02:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, I've already recommended these guys to you, but for anyone else interested check out Abhorrence. They're similar to Krisiun.
26.07.2007 - 05:51
vallhalen
Account deleted
I'm from South America, but sadly the metal scene in my country is the smallest in all the continent I think. Anway I would recommend you a colombian band called Hedor. They played in my city some months ago; I didn't go to the concert but I listened their cd and it was quite good.
27.07.2007 - 01:54
graywolf87
Account deleted
I come from chile the number one country for extreme death/thrash music in south america and that's a fact brasil had only sepultura period and the rest of south america with their power metal shit that we chileans don't like since great percent of all metalhead are true extreme oldschool thrashers down there...check history, bands like Pentagram, Massakre, Criminal etc...etc. any questions/suggestion PM me. there are many bands even better than bands famous here that I'd like to spread the word.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=16933309
27.07.2007 - 07:29
Mega-Slayer

To add to the list-
Korzus
Criminal
MX
Incubus(they are brazilian, but moved to florida)
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
27.07.2007 - 11:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mega-Slayer on 27.07.2007 at 07:29

To add to the list-
Korzus
Criminal
MX
Incubus(they are brazilian, but moved to florida)

MX - Good band man but only eraly albums leither isnt so good I had hera 2 of them ''Simoniacal'' and Mental Slavery'' try Extriminio awsome 80ties thrash/death
----

apos;'
[image]
27.07.2007 - 17:40
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Dont forget Brujeria. Well, actually they are from Mexico but their whole image etc. is very South American...
28.07.2007 - 04:23
6stringedDemon
Account deleted
Check out Defacing the album Spitting Savegary is insane just to show that metal has no limits if u like krisiun u wont be dissapointed
28.07.2007 - 05:48
vallhalen
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.07.2007 at 01:54

I come from chile the number one country for extreme death/thrash music in south america and that's a fact brasil had only sepultura period and the rest of south america with their power metal shit that we chileans don't like since great percent of all metalhead are true extreme oldschool thrashers down there...check history, bands like Pentagram, Massakre, Criminal etc...etc. any questions/suggestion PM me. there are many bands even better than bands famous here that I'd like to spread the word.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=16933309

I also think that there is a pretty good scene in Chile, but that doen't mean than the rest are shit like you say
19.10.2007 - 20:36
Cut-Throat

Criminal are a good band and are worth checking out they are like thrash/death
21.10.2007 - 08:40
Southern Wind
Account deleted
From Peru:
Anal Vomit
Black Angel
Goat Semen
Mortem
Hadez

From Chile:
Death Yell
Atomic Aggressor
Trimegisto
Defacing
Coprofago
Criminal (firt two albums)
Sheolgeenna
Orategod

that's what I can recommend for now. these are the best scenes of the sub-continent in terms of death metal if you ask me... very obscure, diabolic and destructive bands... and well, of course the old Sepultura stuff must be on the list but that's redundant-
21.10.2007 - 10:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 08:40

From Peru:
Anal Vomit
Black Angel
Goat Semen
Mortem
Hadez

From Chile:
Death Yell
Atomic Aggressor
Trimegisto
Defacing
Coprofago
Sheolgeenna
Orategod

that's what I can recommend for now. these are the best scenes of the sub-continent in terms of death metal if you ask me... very obscure, diabolic and destructive bands... and well, of course the old Sepultura stuff must be on the list but that's redundant-

man Chile are doom land not death metal, also lil black but not death
----

apos;'
[image]
21.10.2007 - 17:05
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.10.2007 at 10:02

Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 08:40

From Peru:
Anal Vomit
Black Angel
Goat Semen
Mortem
Hadez

From Chile:
Death Yell
Atomic Aggressor
Trimegisto
Defacing
Coprofago
Sheolgeenna
Orategod

man Chile are doom land not death metal, also lil black but not death

Chile, along with other south american countries, have a pretty strong death metal scene, although very obscure and that's why it's not known. The only Chilean death metal bands usually listened in Europe or USA are Criminal and Coprofago, but the're far from being the best.
05.04.2008 - 17:59
thanatos_7

Colombia's finest is Masacre check them out, only that their records are pretty tough too get.
----
Long live the Death Metal!!!!!!
16.03.2015 - 23:38
IX_Evilheart

Evilheart from México: Fast Blackened Death Metal.

Here are the two last albums (both mixed and mastered at Mana Studios).

"Quinquaginta" (2014)

"Storm Of Annihilation" (2007)

----
Evilheart :: Blackened Death Metal :: https://evilheart.bandcamp.com