‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum
Users visited: 29  
Search this topic:  

Infurnace

26.07.2007 at 03:14
Quite a while ago, I discovered Blood Red Throne. For all of you who don't know the band, it's a side-project of Carpathian Forest/Green Carnation guitarist Tchort. Their last cd, "Altered Genesis" is a great album. They also have a new cd coming out called, "Come Death". I was really curious if there are some people who like this band. It's one of the few well-known Norwegian Death Metal bands, so what do you think?
APOHAKC
The Bard

27.07.2007 at 18:40
Can't believe there were no thread for this fantastic band. They were among my favorite Extreme metal bands few years ago. Fantastic line up of experienced musicians creating real brutal metal, awesome
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
Dead Ohlin
Soorena

28.07.2007 at 11:03
Blood Red Throne draw their inspiration from
the music of old school death metal bands like Deicide,
Autopsy, Cannibal Corpse and add their own spices to the music.
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
Shaddy

29.07.2007 at 00:47
Really underappreciated band, they're awesome. Brutal, technical and fresh, nice riffs, viscious drumming and gruesome vocal skills by Gluch, as well as Vald on their last album, simply sonic pwnage \m/
----
November
Sunioj

29.07.2007 at 11:20
I have monument of death and its pretty damn good, but its really not that technical...its some of the most straighforward death metal Ive heard in a while...catchy riffs though and the vocals are cool.
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest

29.07.2007 at 22:35
One amazing brutal death metal band from Norway ..... all the album release by the band is a masterpiece. My favorite is Altered Genesis followed by Affiliated With The Suffering , liked the new album as well .... amazing release. A must for Bolt Thrower and Desecration fan
Infurnace

30.07.2007 at 02:05
Written by Hembrom on 29.07.2007 at 22:35

One amazing brutal death metal band from Norway ..... all the album release by the band is a masterpiece. My favorite is Altered Genesis followed by Affiliated With The Suffering , liked the new album as well .... amazing release. A must for Bolt Thrower and Desecration fan

Yeah, I agree with you there! Have you heard "Come Death" yet? It's really good. You should check it out.
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest

30.07.2007 at 08:25
^ yeah i have heared it !!

liked the new album as well .... amazing release
Shaddy

06.08.2007 at 05:09
Taste of God is an ass-kicker :} And the Gorguts cover (Discarnated) is also cool
----
November
Cut-Throat

11.09.2007 at 21:02
there new album is a great. I really enjoyed! it's good to see a death metal band pay respects to classic death metal bands/albums!

there gorguts cover is awesome on "come death", As well as there massacre and obituary covers on the affiliated with the suffering cd. The new vocalist is good but I miss mr.hustler
Asphyxia
Account deleted
  11.09.2007 at 22:11
Altered Genesis is my favorite release of theirs, I'm hoping the next album is as good or better. I expect it will be.
Infurnace

18.09.2007 at 17:10
Written by Guest on 11.09.2007 at 22:11

Altered Genesis is my favorite release of theirs, I'm hoping the next album is as good or better. I expect it will be.

"Come Death" is absolutely amazing. It's at least as good as Altered Genesis is. It has some real classics on it, such as "Slaying The Lamb", "Deranged Assassin" and "Taste Of God".
Asphyxia
Account deleted
  18.09.2007 at 20:34
Written by Infurnace on 18.09.2007 at 17:10

Written by Guest on 11.09.2007 at 22:11

"Come Death" is absolutely amazing. It's at least as good as Altered Genesis is. It has some real classics on it, such as "Slaying The Lamb", "Deranged Assassin" and "Taste Of God".

Yeah I've heard 'Taste of God' which sounds pretty good, I'm looking forward to hearing the whole album.
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat

10.10.2007 at 09:26
Blood Red Throne has released the video for the song "Taste of God". The track comes off the group's latest CD, "Come Death", which received a European release in August via Earache Records. You can find this video at this location. Enjoy.
Too many fail.

10.10.2007 at 11:13
They have one of the best dm bass players that ive ever heard, matches up to webster quite well, he doesnt write anything for BRT as far as i know though. also plays some very interesting non dm oriented stuff, Check out his stuff on you tube, goes by the name erlend caspersen. Sick shit!
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
Cut-Throat

11.10.2007 at 21:05
Written by White Winter Sun on 10.10.2007 at 09:26

Blood Red Throne has released the video for the song "Taste of God". The track comes off the group's latest CD, "Come Death", which received a European release in August via Earache Records. You can find this video at this location. Enjoy.

excellent video! just the kind of video i expected from the band!
Nixx
Account deleted
  12.10.2007 at 23:44
Going to watch them perform live at "Screamfest" in november, having high expectations to them.
Pétur

13.10.2007 at 02:24
I know them, but never listend to them. I saw the digi of Affiliated With The Suffering laying in the local store here for 10 bucks, is it worth getting? espcailly for some one like I who don't listen to death metal that very often.
----
Saelig Se
Passenger
Lost To Apathy

25.10.2007 at 21:21
Altered Genesis was really good. About the new album, Slaying The Lamb is genius, possibly the best song the band has ever written in my opinion, but the rest just ranges from "not bad" to "meh". It was a bit of a dissapointmenet, but this band has a lot of value.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
  28.10.2007 at 04:48
Awesome band. One of the best things about them is that they have AMAZING tone...not to menton that the bass is actually at the forefront and more than just audible. Erlend Caspersen is just a straight up beast.
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat

15.11.2007 at 20:46
Metal Mayhem UK recently spoke to Blood Red Throne guitarist, Dod about the band's new album, "Come Death". Over the course of the interview, Dod reveals much about their writing and recording process, talks about the intense musicianship that each band member brings and gives a rundown of Blood Red Throne's plans for the end of 2007 with a taste of what's in store for 2008. You can find the interview at this location.
Asphyxia
Account deleted
  16.11.2007 at 00:22
I heard Come Death, and I really don't think it's as good as their other albums. There are too many filler riffs, or atleast riffs that sound like filler riffs because they don't have anything to them.
broken goddess

06.02.2009 at 06:38
This band is amazing! Hands down my favorite. I can't even begin to say enough good things about them. I've never heard a song from them that I didn't immediately love! Personally, I believe that Altered Genesis is their best album, and it's the album that got me into them in the first place.

I'd kill to see them live, and I so disappointed that the first time they come to the states(soon), they don't even play within 2,000 miles.
----
--baleful's the passion when hearts stand still--
GamlaSonn

29.08.2009 at 16:02
Yup, great band. Groovy and brutal. I like all of their stuff, except Altered Genesis because of the "br00tal" vocals. No thanks.
king_matt

03.11.2011 at 05:42
Really like them. I've heard Altered Genesis, it was pretty great. I'm looking forward to hearin the rest of their material soon.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

03.11.2011 at 06:17
Written by king_matt on 03.11.2011 at 05:42
I'm looking forward to hearin the rest of their material soon.

Not a lot of people will likely agree with me on this but definitely check out their debut. Some really fun, catchy (groovy) death metal.

----
Prettier than BloodTears.
Misfit74

04.11.2011 at 18:24
Thus far, Souls Of Damnation is my favorite album of theirs (particularly the opening track The Light, The Hate), but I admittedly have yet to listen to much of their early releases. Brutalitarian Regime is growing on me - and certainly a quality piece - but I can listen to 'Souls' over and over. This is a band that really has my attention and respect. They are among my top-10 favorites, ATM. I'm sad I just missed them live last month... The great thing is this band is young enough that there should be many albums in the future - and many tours.
----

My Music on RYM
Last.fm

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.