Band: Of Feather And Bone
Album: Sulfuric Disintegration
Style: Death metal
Release date: November 2020

01. Regurgitated Communion
02. Entropic Self Immolation
03. Noctemnania
04. Consecrated And Consumed
05. Sulfuric Sodomy (Disintegration Of Christ)
06. Baptized In Boiling Phlegm

Let's get 2020 over with.

I won't say the story of my death metal moratorium again. I already told it in the Undergang review. But Of Feather And Bone made me wanna renounce it as far back as November last year. How does one fix death metal fatigue? By building the right type of atmosphere, pinching it with technicality, and barely being over 30 minutes in runtime. It just is a winning formula.

Of Feather And Bone used to have a larger grind/hardcore presence in their sound, but even today you can find a pretty significant trace of it. Sulfuric Disintegration is nasty when it's fast because of the grind injections, and nasty when it's slow because of its doom injections. It's throwing a shitload of riffs at you and then pummeling you with a slower one just to make sure you stay down. The bass and drums trample on you body while the guitar is the boot on your face. I didn't think of an analogy for the vocals, but know that they can move between grind and black touches quite easily, so they're certainly not too one-dimensional.

Not only does Sulfuric Disintegration do a damn great job at constantly switching paces and being pummeling, the band constantly flex their technical skills while doing so, but never really being tech death while at it, just mean riff machines. The whole atmosphere this whole ordeal creates only barely touches on the cavernous sound that a lot of similar bands create, but it's just as suffocating on aggression alone.

I won't go too much over the minimum number of words, not because Sulfuric Disintegration isn't deserving, but because it also doesn't waste your time, and also because I want everything related to 2020 to just be done with.

Written on 07.01.2021 by Doesn't matter that much to me if you agree with me, as long as you checked the album out.

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 67 users
07.01.2021 - 16:06
JoHn Doe

Never expected to hear extreme metal under such a band name. But hey, I guess one day I'm gonna see a band name Fluffy Butterflies and it's gonna be extreme metal.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
07.01.2021 - 16:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Your shortest review.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.01.2021 - 19:32
Rating: 8
DarkWingedSoul

Whats the rush? still many things from 2020 to be discovered
07.01.2021 - 19:36
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by DarkWingedSoul on 07.01.2021 at 19:32

Whats the rush? still many things from 2020 to be discovered

You'll have the whole month of February to do so and pick your favs.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
07.01.2021 - 22:03
DarkWingedSoul

i have the chosen few, but still, there are surprises almost every week... today it was Membaris

Hits total: 1649 | This month: 7