Metal Storm logo
The Amenta - 'An Epoch Ellipsis' Single Unveiled

Australians The Amenta are excited to premiere the second single, "An Epoch Ellipsis", from their forthcoming album Revelator (out February 19th via Debemur Morti Productions).

Timothy Pope, composer and responsible for keyboards and samples, knew that after "Sere Money" it was necessary to show the other side of the oncoming album: "We chose "An Epoch Ellipsis" as the second single as it represents the other side of the album to "Sere Money". There is so much range in the tracks on Revelator and we want to give people a taste of the extremes early on.

"An Epoch Ellipsis" is, in some ways, closer to what people would expect from The Amenta. It has blast beats, it's very aggressive and fast, especially in the first half, but it also continues the examination of structural entropy that was present in "Sere Money", the song almost literally collapses after the opening barrage and is built back up into something completely new. A guest lead guitar performance from our great friend Joe Haley of Psycroptic introduces a new, epic feel that is another aspect of Revelator which might surprise people."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: The Amenta
Posted: 18.01.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 17 users
18.01.2021 - 15:39
MikeVonDoom

At last!!! I was getting nervous with the first release but this one sounds WAY better!
19.01.2021 - 00:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Hmmmm I think this album is gonna be fairly good. It might not be n0n-good but still good.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 603 | This month: 3