Metal Storm logo
Moonspell - Video For New Single Launched

With one month left before the Moonspell's new full length Hermitage hits the streets, another song premiered online. Check out the newest music piece, "All Or Nothing", with accompanying official video. Directed by Guilherme Henriques and shot at the historical 1908-theatre, Chaby Pinheiro in Nazaré.

"Hermitage is an open-hearted invitation to simplicity. To be humble. To be thankful. To serve you solace. Provide you comfort, entertainment," vocalist Fernando Ribeiro recently said. "We sincerely hope this call reaches you. That you kindly accept what we offer. That you take our music with you to the place you must feel as yours. To your secret place, to your hermitage."

"The video for "All Or Nothing" was recorded in an empty theatre in Portugal and it's symbolic of our days," Ribeiro tells. "Solitude dominates our lives and we divide our attentions and heartbeats at the groove of darkness and hope. At the mercy of all that can be and the nothing that we have to deal with right now. It's a song that relies on a more intimate melodic frame, emotional, autobiographic almost, about the joy and the sorrow that is being in a band."

He continues: "Life is a game you cannot win. You just have to play. Our job is done, we brought you joy. Every now and then."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Moonspell
Posted: 21.01.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 135 users
21.01.2021 - 21:46
X-FrEaK

:O!!! Prog rock Moonspell, what a surprise!
----
21.01.2021 - 22:17
The Melting Snow

Really enjoyed the riffs and solos. wasn't expecting the 2nd solo.

also the lyrics are emotive and seem to be of a tired group preparing to say goodbye. This has really left a lasting impression.
21.01.2021 - 23:35
Darkside Momo
Retired
Really nice song. I'm pretty hyped for the album now
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
22.01.2021 - 00:30
nikarg

By far the best song released so far from the album. Excellent stuff.
22.01.2021 - 04:14
Khold Baroness

Good song with Fields of the Nephilim vibe 👏🙏🎩🎵🎶💪🌠👍🖤🔥
22.01.2021 - 11:01
fenchik

What a beauty!!! Can't wait for the album!
22.01.2021 - 13:17
Lanthros

Very good song. I liked common prayers a bit more though, and this felt longer then it needed to be.
22.01.2021 - 18:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Did they just copies Opeth? This is good, one of best what they wrote for a while. My fav is opium. Here is prog rock, soul n blues influences.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.01.2021 - 15:07
s_t_s

Used to love their EXTINCT album but I guess this was an exception from their usual style. Though I like 1955 a lot (and it is quite different too) I don't get into their new direction. Not bad for sure, just doesn't appeal to me.
23.01.2021 - 21:06
SAY10

Written by The Melting Snow on 21.01.2021 at 22:17

also the lyrics are emotive and seem to be of a tired group preparing to say goodbye. This has really left a lasting impression.

I have the same feeling. The same feeling I had some years ago with "Forever is the World" from Theatre of Tragedy.

But it's an absolutely masterpiece of a song. If this is Moonspell's goodbye, they couldn't have gone in a higher note.
24.01.2021 - 15:02
The Melting Snow

Written by s_t_s on 23.01.2021 at 15:07

Not bad for sure, just doesn't appeal to me.

I totally get that. I think that is pretty usual for Moonspell albums. The band does its own thing and some fans end up loving it, some, not so much and in the process, they get some new fans too.

But it would be really hard for someone to call them sell-outs, or lacking quality. In my book, that's what an artist should strive for. Experimentation and evolution, yet staying true to their talent.
24.01.2021 - 20:41
Enissa

Written by nikarg on 22.01.2021 at 00:30

By far the best song released so far from the album. Excellent stuff.

Agree. This is shaping up to be a nice release!
27.01.2021 - 12:35
X-FrEaK

Written by The Melting Snow on 24.01.2021 at 15:02

But it would be really hard for someone to call them sell-outs, or lacking quality. In my book, that's what an artist should strive for. Experimentation and evolution, yet staying true to their talent.

Definitely. Agree 100%. Its infuriating how much hate there is for Moonspell amongst the portuguese metal scene (im away from it these days). There has definitely been some really good portuguese metal bands over the years like Process of Guilt, Gaerea, Heavenwood, Painted Black, Painstruck, Ethereal, Mourning Lenoure, among many more, but none come close to Moonspell's level. Heck...few bands in the world can do what Moonspell can of always reinventing (or at least a change of some sorts) themselves without sounding like a piece of shit (looking at you Opeth)
----
27.01.2021 - 20:24
Charlotbk

Written by s_t_s on 23.01.2021 at 15:07

Used to love their EXTINCT album but I guess this was an exception from their usual style. Though I like 1955 a lot (and it is quite different too) I don't get into their new direction. Not bad for sure, just doesn't appeal to me.

yeah I feel the same vibe I'm gonna check again with the full album I miss the anger of Fernando in his voice !
27.01.2021 - 21:41
nikarg

Written by X-FrEaK on 27.01.2021 at 12:35

Heck...few bands in the world can do what Moonspell can of always reinventing (or at least a change of some sorts) themselves without sounding like a piece of shit (looking at you Opeth)

So true.
27.01.2021 - 23:20
The Melting Snow

Written by X-FrEaK on 27.01.2021 at 12:35

Heck...few bands in the world can do what Moonspell can of always reinventing (or at least a change of some sorts) themselves without sounding like a piece of shit (looking at you Opeth)

this is so perfectly true. i am going through their whole back catalog in anticipation of the new album and am in awe of their courage to experiment every time and still release music that is thoughtful and true to themselves
10.02.2021 - 17:16
EloZ

Here is one of the few bands that always manages to evolve and change style at each release without losing its identity and still remains interesting.

Hits total: 1726 | This month: 1