Metal Storm logo
Activist Hub

23.01.2021 - 05:09
Icewings
La Luna
Hey everyone,

I have been learning and doing a lot of activism and organizing and wanted to create this thread for other fellow activist and people who want to get engage.

As we know, there are so many issues impacting communities all over the world including climate change, racial injustices, LGTBQAI, abortion, COVID-19. Basically, governments all over the world continue to infringe on people's rights and the planet.

So please, go ahead and post your issues to discuss, and most importantly to take action through signing petitions, sharing fundraisers, news, etc.

I know there are some conversations happening already on important topics like Black Lives Matter and other movements and issues. I'm super eager to have more time to start engaging in conversations with you all on the other threads. THIS TOPIC IS DIFFERENT IN THAT THIS SPACE IS ABOUT TAKING ACTION like sharing protest tips, signing petitions, sharing news, etc.

* I know people have all kinds of emotions around political and justice work, I ask that you come with an open mind, questions welcome, make sure you check your own biases and ways to create conflict.

List of issues (feel free to add more):

* Womxn's and Reproductive Justice
* LGTBQIA Rights
* COVID-19
* Racial Justice/ Black Lives Matter
* Climate Change/Environment
* Healthcare
* Housing
* Indigenous Rights
* Mutual Aid and Economic Alternatives
* Disability and Neurodivergence
* Body Liberation
* Animal Rights
* Protesting
* Organizing
* Anti-fascism
* Food sovereignty/Land Rights
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
23.01.2021 - 14:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I am not, i live in a country, i gave job, can be better paid, i am agabst my taxes goes to others, sorry no, i an not sctivist, i have life, Europe is relative safe, i dont see go to jail to support some Freedom fight or terrorist group, boat are same in Afrika, Nato military cspabilities are crushed each enemy, what has no nukes. Atm Russia is my only concern, rest no, why should i offer my life? Will they others protest and say that i need sek 10 000 more in incomes, no they wont. So we on EU must focus to us and protect us and military we can. I am not sactivist, i dont see Why we should. Look at Jon Schaffer... Now he will Do bang bang in federal penetration... Same most of proud Boys, if they would stay home, they would be free... Lesdon learnd. Same is whit football, dont ruin your life whit away games, watch on telly
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.06.2021 - 12:41
Rafael Pereira
Account deleted
Well, corruption has reached a humongous level in Brazil. Back in 2018, Brazilians elected a monster as president, someone who'd be so mysoginist he said "he had 3 sons, but for a brief weak moment, conceived a daughter". The man is a garbage bag filled with all human filthy you can imagine someone could reunite. He's against any minorities's rights and has led over half a million people to death due to the fact he's an ass who says he doesn't believe the virus is "all that's being said on media" and also says it is a "Chinese lab creation to destroy the world's economy".

Before that, Brazil had been among the 7 biggest economies in the world at the end of the 2010s, and had eradicated famine and extreme poverty levels among millions of people, but then a lot of corruption schemes that misappropriated billions of dollars of public funds were uncovered and most of our uneducated population, a bunch of people with retrograde minds started a hatred campaign against any leftist party in the country to ever be on power again, what was primarily financed by the hyper influential and criminal Brazilian elite, and that culminated in Bolsonaro's election. The schemes also involved parties allied to the president's own party, but the plan went on, after getting stronger from the completely illegitimate impeachment of the country's last leftist president - Dilma Rousseff - who was so naive to the point she chose a partner for Vice-presidency only to get herself stabbed in the back by him, who arranged everything to take her out of scene even before their win, when he leaded the House of Representatives and proposed alliances that would make sure she wouldn't be able to govern, and thus, get all popular dissatisfaction while he'd take the President position and prepare things for Bolsonaro to take over one year afterwards.

Bolsonaro had been a federal representative for 3 decades, and he did absolutely NOTHING in the country's favor, but to propose legislative material to support his hateful sickening ideas to please evangelicals, farmers and business people, the core of crimes and corruption in the country that massively voted for him. His legion of fanatics took over social media and made it a very dark place for everyone who don't share his disgusting ideas, but Facebook itself supports most of them only because Zionism is defended by bolsonarists and well, we all know what the shitty Zuckerberg's creation has always been about, and whom.

Since I became a lawyer, I've been reporting all sorts of abuses and crimes committed on that social media, most of them by Bolsonaro's followers. They'd do NOTHING. On some occasions, I even had to get a court order to have access to something that was posted under public privacy settings, but that the person (usually a fake profile) deleted, to make it a means of proof to defend victims of homophobia (chiefly), racism and defamation (mostly women). But yesterday, they blocked me for the 2nd time from logging in, only because I said some truths about that Devil and his offspring, and that was the last straw for me. I've deleted all media related to the Zuckerberg's criminal group. The trigger that moved me to make such a comment was an investigation that found out that the government, which had denied last year's Pfizer offer to supply the country with more than 70 million doses, what could have avoided most of the pandemic-related deaths so far, has signed a contract with an Indian laboratory to purchase a vaccine with a price 1,000% higher than the average, and that all in less than 3 months! Before Bolsonaro, Brazil had the biggest vaccination program in the world, and now it turned itself into another institutional instrument for corruption, while many die, if not sick with COVID, starving, as unemployment rates are the highest in the country's history. But the richer ones, fierce supporters of this genocidal politicians, got much richer.

So, I tried to point out that Bolsonaro's supporters would follow him to death, as cattle being directed to the abyss when they defended that move, something serving to nothing but to take advantage of the country's vulnerability to the pandemic and favor shadowy interests. It was taken as "hate speech". Even so, Brazil is considered the 2nd biggest democracy in the world, a place of freedom and a Welfare State, with no censorship. A big lie. I don't know if our drama will sound interesting to anyone here, but I felt like I should share it. I hope you're coping much better than us, but if not, share your experiences too, to exchange ideas concerning these things may help us find mutual solutions
24.06.2021 - 14:58
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Whenever I read something like the above post, I feel kind of guilty for having grown up in a first world country with all the privileges that come with it. I mean, I never did anything to live in prosperous Western Europe, it just happened. Because it's the coincidence of birth and that one random moment that determines wealth, religious freedom, social security, healthcare and general quality of life - or lack thereof - for most of us.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing, Rafael!
I only wish you had been active in this forum back in 2019, when a particular user was flooding countless threads with his "Bolsonaro kicks major ass. Hope he helicopters some commies." feeblemindedness.
----
signatures = SPAM
24.06.2021 - 15:06
Zap
Written by Guest on 24.06.2021 at 12:41

I don't know if our drama will sound interesting to anyone here, but I felt like I should share it. I hope you're coping much better than us, but if not, share your experiences too, to exchange ideas concerning these things may help us find mutual solutions

I thought it was an interesting read. I knew Brazil was not doing well, but I appreciate an inside perspective, thanks for sharing.
24.06.2021 - 17:00
Rafael Pereira
Account deleted
Written by Starvynth on 24.06.2021 at 14:58
"Bolsonaro kicks major ass. Hope he helicopters some commies." feeblemindedness.

There's a huge myth about communism being a real thing in capitalist countries, like the USA, Brazil, Mexico and some others. They created kind of a folkloric script for what it can be and the ones who would be supporters to its ideas. It's a stupid, grotesque view of things and people. Who minimally knows History and have the least knowledge of what communism truly is will be very aware that the world has never seen ANY communist regime, because it is nothing but a subject for academical debates. It can't be implemented as a practical government set of guidelines, because mankind in its essence is unequal and that can't be changed for now. What some call "communist regimes", or "communist dictatorships" are no other than State-capitalism countries or a new kind of Feudalism that try to justify their premises on the basis of SOME things suggested by the communist philosophy, but that are used only for POPULIST PURPOSES to make sure that the misuse of the institutional framework by the central leader will be felt as acceptable, for people will be so absorbed in their most urgent necessities being attended that they will adhere to that dysfunctional model, be it a democracy (demagogy) or any other type. Populism was a big part of the basis of Brazilian leftist governments, but it was accompanied by many effective changes in income redistribution, and that displeased the elite of the country, because it was formed by a historical pillage carried out by Portuguese people, who stole Indians' lands and enslaved black people from 1500s on; they think they are justified by History and the only ones entitled to have a decent life. So, since most of this criminal elite employs a multitude of poor people and owns most of the media outlets, it was very easy for them to manipulate people's feeling of revolt about the corruption schemes that would come out from many criminal investigation task forces, by omitting the rightist parties' involvement and making Bolsonaro a fake hero. People bought it, now they're paying for it, with their lives.

I wouldn't care if only bolsonarists would die to the necropolitics, but it is a widespread problem, like a metastasis: decent people, some of whom voted for him but now are no longer his supporters have been made victims of his demonic plan to kill as many people as possible, because he knows that the poorer ones will succumb first, thus, a more powerful elite can emerge in a near future, with less poor people claiming State assistance, what will give them more money to be misappropriated. I know this might sound like a soap opera plot, but there's a large material on all types of media concerning everything I have written here, in English. In case you doubt me, you can check all the facts mentioned here by simply googling them.
24.06.2021 - 19:03
Rafael Pereira
Account deleted
Forgive me for my misspellings, I haven't been practicing English (in any form, written or spoken) since I ended my engagement, back in 2019. I always try to self-correct me by reviewing my comments, but some mistakes will just be unintentionally overlooked
28.06.2021 - 11:04
Desha
delicious dish
Written by Guest on 24.06.2021 at 17:00

I wouldn't care if only bolsonarists would die to the necropolitics, but it is a widespread problem, like a metastasis: decent people, some of whom voted for him but now are no longer his supporters have been made victims of his demonic plan to kill as many people as possible, because he knows that the poorer ones will succumb first, thus, a more powerful elite can emerge in a near future, with less poor people claiming State assistance, what will give them more money to be misappropriated. I know this might sound like a soap opera plot, but there's a large material on all types of media concerning everything I have written here, in English. In case you doubt me, you can check all the facts mentioned here by simply googling them.

What do you think about next year? Since Lula is back and you're gonna vote. Wife hasn't been in Brazil since end of 2019 so she can't really say how the atmosphere is there rn (though I heard some horrors about infection rates and prices of commodities like meat)
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
28.06.2021 - 15:11
Rafael Pereira
Account deleted
Very like it being between a rock and a hard place. Lula's condemnations really had to be declared nulled, as they came off as a clear violation of checks and balances, but now the Judiciary simply is using them to do politics, just like Sergio Moro did. And I don't believe he's innocent about all the accusations against him and even if he was, on his second term he showed he'd fully lost ethical governability, because though in the most improbable and remotest hypothesis of not being directly involved in all those scandals, he at least knew they were happening. A third good option for those who won't vote for Lula or Bolsonaro would be kind of a minor relief, but all the ones who present themselves as such are nothing but garbage.

The country became an insane frenzy for those who can afford buying political power at any cost, and most of its population is left with no other option than follow who gets it. I see no good near future for Brazil, for its population don't see itself as a national group, but lots and lots of separate castes. Pluralism was completely misinterpreted during Brazil's evolvement as a country as it was exploited by the worst politics possible so until now we can't say we are a true nation. I hope next year I won't have to suffer from living in Brazil any longer, but I fear for those I'll have to leave behind. Fleeing the country where you were born to become a stranger in a strange land is not something new to me, as I lived part of my childhood in Portugal and Spain, but you never are seen as a native, no matter how socially included you are. I've been carrying a lot of traumas in my life because of oppressive racism and xenophobia I suffered in the 90s in Europe for being a multiracial boy born in a Third World country, and I've been told that the USA can be even worse on that. Anyway, I think it's less humiliating to be mistreated in a foreign country than everyday in your own.