05. Gib Mir Ein Zeichen
06. Blutdiamant
07. Phantomschmerz
08. Ich Fühl Nichts Mehr
09. Fallout
10. Schwarzes Labyrinth
11. Deine Haut
12. Kommen Und Gehen

Nu metal must be dead. Seriously, this is one of my albums of 2020 and there is no comment and like three votes on it here (and one of it is mine). So, whoever is reading this, just give this band and specifically this album a chance. Independenz is album number drei (3) for Null Positiv. They sing in German. They slay. The female singer is super charismatic. And you have probably never heard of them. Let's fix that.

The visuals are all Deutsch industrialism, probably because that is what sells best out of Germany following the well-documented successes of Rammstein and Oomph!. Musically though, they are more akin to a band like Infected Rain. The winning sonic experience achieved with Koma and Amok did not need much tweaking. So no wheels required reinventing, just a little axle grease job and lug nut tightening.There are not too many cogs in that wheel, but it runs optimally. Elli Berlin is a powerful front-woman and a versatile singer. From clean to growls and anything in between, she manages to apply a coat of silver polish on all the chrome parts.

Twelve tracks for a running time of 48 minutes is a true testament to directness, uncomplicated tunes delivered with power and conviction. There are no meandering keyboard solos or prolonged atmosphere-building bits here. However, these guys do simple well. A distorted guitar sound here, a clean-cut riff there, minimal use of keys, a heavy bass sound, kick-ass drum beats, catchy melodies, some incisive growls and before you know it you start singing along and banging on things. Songs such as "Freiheit", "Independenz", or "Schwarzes Labyrinth" are likely to best embody that.

Sure, it is not the most adventurous music out there. It is not even remotely progressive or innovative. But it is well done and with a lot of passion. It is a direct punch to the soul. Succinct yet emotional music packaged in a somber industrial atmosphere. Independenz is definitely their most accomplished album to date. Undoubtedly, this is a love or hate kind of situation with Null Positiv. They are struggling to find the right audience. So do your part. Check them out.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written on 03.02.2021 by Bringing you reviews of quality music and interesting questions such as:

"A picture is worth a thousand words. How many words is a song worth?"

I have only got so much patience and skills, you do the math.

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 17 users
03.02.2021 - 16:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nu metal in german sounds horrible, I hope spanish or French bands won't do it.
Never hear this band before. Looks industrial indeed judging by visuals. Best German nu metal is H Blockx whit Fly Eyes.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.02.2021 - 12:59
Rating: 7
BennyMetGer

Written by Bad English on 03.02.2021 at 16:52

Never hear this band before. Looks industrial indeed judging by visuals. Best German nu metal is H Blockx whit Fly Eyes.

Hblockx are crossover and not nu metal and why sounds nu metal in german horrible?
18.02.2021 - 13:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BennyMetGer on 18.02.2021 at 12:59

Written by Bad English on 03.02.2021 at 16:52

Hblockx are crossover and not nu metal and why sounds nu metal in german horrible?

Because it sounds horrible in no matter what language lol, pi n punk in ger can do the trick.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 947 | This month: 19