Metal Storm logo
Down - Planning To Release Covers Album

According to the interview with BraveWords, drummer Jimmy Bower of the New Orleans based metal institution Down revealed that they are planning to work on a covers record later this year.

Jimmy had this to say about their plans: "We're supposed to do a covers record pretty soon, that's the next thing. We haven't figured out exactly when we're going to do it, or completely what songs yet. It's just been an idea we've had forever. I know that's in the works. Down was scheduled to play some festival shows last summer in Europe, and they got cancelled. I think we're booked again this summer, but it just depends [on the pandemic] you know."

When asked how they're deciding which tracks to cover, he commented: "I'm sure we have to collectively agree. There's already been a bunch of songs thrown out, some really cool ones, but I'm not going to tell you which ones at all. There's definitely been some weird ones that I was like, 'Wow, that would be killer!' It's going to be fun to do, to put our own take on 'em. They're not going to sound exactly like? we'll put the Down take on it."

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Down
Posted: 28.01.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 12 users
08.02.2021 - 01:17
Drippy.Hippie

I thought Down weren't releasing full length albums anymore

Excellent news though! I'm definitely looking forward to this one!
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.

Hits total: 648 | This month: 2