Metal Storm logo
Wilderun - Present Cover Of Iron Maiden's 'Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son'

Boston based Wilderun present a new music video for their cover of Iron Maiden's "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" today (video via YouTube below). In other news, the band is currently stationed in studio tracking the follow-up to Veil Of Imagination. More to follow.

"I originally chose this song as a cover because I felt like we could really give it the Wilderun 'treatment', if there is such a thing. Obviously, we are partial to longer and more epic tracks, so choosing this song just made sense. I always enjoy when bands make cover songs their own, and try to make it less discernible from their core discography than you might expect, so that's what we attempted here. Much of the guitar work still pays homage to Maiden, but we tried to match some of the atmosphere of "Veil of Imagination" with the symphonic elements, so it feels like it belongs to that same world," states Wilderun vocalist Evan Anderson Berry.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Wilderun
Posted: 16.02.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 95 users
16.02.2021 - 23:28
CWA

Metal is rarely ever epic and powerful as this anymore. I'm loving it.
17.02.2021 - 01:04
nikarg

Written by CWA on 16.02.2021 at 23:28

Metal is rarely ever epic and powerful as this anymore. I'm loving it.

I agree. The fact that the original song is too fantastic for words helps a lot but their version is great. I like when bands take an iconic song and instead of just rerecording it, they give it their own identity. This is the case here.
17.02.2021 - 02:50
Khold Baroness

👍👏💪🌠🎵🎶🎩🖤🙏🖤🖤🤘🤘🤘🤘
17.02.2021 - 11:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is different more wider, more instrument re aragments, more orchestral, symphonic touch,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.02.2021 - 14:22
Liafev

That sounds amazing! I didn't manage to connect with their music yet, despite seeing their last album everywhere last year. But this might just give me the motivation to give them another chance.

Oh and I'm not the Wintersun bashing kinda guy (I actually love them) but damn when I see bands releasing tracks with such epic orchestrations I really wonder what the fuck Jari needs to give us a fucking new album! I deeply regret spending 50? on The Forest Seasons now.
18.02.2021 - 22:12
Clushje

These dudes are seriously talented.
20.02.2021 - 00:44
musclassia

Pretty spectacular cover, particularly considering the song they were taking on, big kudos to them

Hits total: 1516 | This month: 2