Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - COBTV News

Posted on the Official Children of Bodom site:

"We present you the first episode of COBTV News - a special report from the studio session for the band's brand new song Tie My Rope which will appear on the upcoming Viva La Bands Volume Two CD, in stores Sept 4th throughout North America."

The video is available on Children Of Bodom's website for download or streaming.

Source: cobhc.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Posted: 03.08.2007 by bluemobiusx

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 9 users
03.08.2007 - 12:18
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
This should be interesting...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
03.08.2007 - 13:34
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Haha... COBTV News... Who do they think they are?... Funny...
03.08.2007 - 14:07
Veertje

Written by brclmu on 03.08.2007 at 12:08

this band started out well, then made their classics "Follow the Reaper" and "hhate Crew deathroll".............then they got famous, which means thehy bcame fucken boring

wtf, becoming famous means that the music they made suddenly sucks? Stop whining about bands making money and gaining fame -_-'
And it's not as if they got famous after HCD, they were well known already before Follow The Reaper...

On topic: COBTV just goes a step too far :| Really, fucking tv about a band oO News posts on their website should be enough...
03.08.2007 - 14:23
Carrion
Account deleted
COBTV? I remember Linkin Park having LPTV.
03.08.2007 - 14:28
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Well they want to sell this "bad boys image" and that COBTV is a good way to do it...I'm a fan of them (or their music) but I don't really like this smug and "i'm the best ever" attitude.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
03.08.2007 - 15:45
Arrwyn

Are we 'sold-out' yet?
04.08.2007 - 05:33
flamesoficarus

Written by Arrwyn on 03.08.2007 at 15:45

Are we 'sold-out' yet?

hahahahahahaha well said

actually tie my rope is a rather good song, i just had to listen to it a few times to get into it.
04.08.2007 - 06:28
caffeinehead

I forgot what movie I heard it in, but there was a line of "Am I selling out...or buying in?"

I think of that whenever I read about an artist selling out. However, in this case, I think COB has sold out.

In their defense, they put on an AMAZING show last December here in the US.
04.08.2007 - 17:32
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Yeah i mean.....youtube was full of studio update vids for the Apostasy from Behemoth - and that album is about as brutal and UNsell-out as u get
04.08.2007 - 22:34
Mystic Ice
Account deleted
COB have made videos like this for YEARS. This one gets posted somewhere where a lot of people can see it and suddenly they've done something horrible. Watch the bonus material on the new dvd and the extra bonus material on just about every ep they ever released and you'll see more of the same. This is how these guys have always been. If you don't like a bunch of crazy drunken Finns, fine....but don't act like it's something new and disturbing. This is 100% Bodom.
04.08.2007 - 23:29
Deus Ex Machina

I truly despise the term "sold out".

Bands just don't see things like you do.It may be hard for you to understand but they make the kind of music they want to.And no...i don't think CoB are Gods and they're in no way my favorite band.But i'm sure that musically...they do nothing to try attracting fans.Whatever they do is because they want to,and because a certain type of music works for them at that time.

And what is your problem?
This little CoBTV thing also isn't to attract more fans as you people say...they've always filmed themselves being stupid.It's fun.You know the word...fun.
This is not the 1st time you saw them doing things like these,and it certainly won't be the last.
And this is just showing a couple of minutes in the studio.
If i were famous like they are,i'd pull stunts like these all the time.
And i'm sure they don't overthink it like you do.It's just showing their fans a little of what they're doing currently,and you turn it into a "SELLOUT PUBLICITY STUNT OMG WTF" ...and that just makes me laugh...out loud.
You're being ridiculous and sometimes,when i read comments as stupid as the ones you're making.And yes..to me they're stupid and without reason....well then i read your age.And i'm always stunned that a 20 year old person can think of a sentence containing almost only the words "sold out"
Should Children of Bodom just make "Something wild" over and over again?And only tour small clubs in like 6 cities in Europe cause that's the only way they're not selling out.
And of course they can't film themselves..cause cameras are non tr00 and too expensive.Oh and yeah...they should spend all their money on music that gets them little cash because they can't sell out.And it also works if they have other jobs and struggle for their music.Cause really...that's the only way you wont sell out.
Living in the woods optional.
05.08.2007 - 19:49
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by Nighthowls on 04.08.2007 at 04:05

Seriously, I love Bodom but this is a pretty gay little stunt they pulled. I agree 'selling out'. If bands have great music, as is the case then they don't need to commercialize, or come up with shit like this to attract more fans. Through word of mouth they will become better known. One of the many great things the Trash movement incorporated into metal. all you need is your music fuck what you look like. just play if you're good they'll come. Repetitive I know but Fuck Man. disapointing

So you mean, just by naming a studio report more funny than just "studio report" attracts more fans?

@Deus Ex Machina: You tell them girl, I agree with you to a 100%, the term "sell-out" has been taken to the extreme, and is a word that shouldn't even exist. When some become famous, many people gets jealous of them. That's at least what I think.
05.08.2007 - 23:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I dont see what the big problem is with 'COBTV'? its just a studio report with a different name. who cares? Its kind of angering how people are sitting here arguing about a name for a studio report instead discussing how that new song is gonna sound. Im pretty excited for it. COBs sound changes every album, and I think its time to see whether they actually sold out or just had an off album with AYDY? Im not using the term sell out until i see if they can make a recovery with the next album.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
06.08.2007 - 01:55
Vunts

Written by Deus Ex Machina on 04.08.2007 at 23:29

I truly despise the term "sold out".

Bands just don't see things like you do.It may be hard for you to understand but they make the kind of music they want to.And no...i don't think CoB are Gods and they're in no way my favorite band.But i'm sure that musically...they do nothing to try attracting fans.Whatever they do is because they want to,and because a certain type of music works for them at that time.

And what is your problem?
This little CoBTV thing also isn't to attract more fans as you people say...they've always filmed themselves being stupid.It's fun.You know the word...fun.
This is not the 1st time you saw them doing things like these,and it certainly won't be the last.
And this is just showing a couple of minutes in the studio.
If i were famous like they are,i'd pull stunts like these all the time.
And i'm sure they don't overthink it like you do.It's just showing their fans a little of what they're doing currently,and you turn it into a "SELLOUT PUBLICITY STUNT OMG WTF" ...and that just makes me laugh...out loud.
You're being ridiculous and sometimes,when i read comments as stupid as the ones you're making.And yes..to me they're stupid and without reason....well then i read your age.And i'm always stunned that a 20 year old person can think of a sentence containing almost only the words "sold out"
Should Children of Bodom just make "Something wild" over and over again?And only tour small clubs in like 6 cities in Europe cause that's the only way they're not selling out.
And of course they can't film themselves..cause cameras are non tr00 and too expensive.Oh and yeah...they should spend all their money on music that gets them little cash because they can't sell out.And it also works if they have other jobs and struggle for their music.Cause really...that's the only way you wont sell out.
Living in the woods optional.

I'm just quoting this so there would be more of this wonderful text in this place!

This reminds me of the Trashed and Lost in Helsinki, where some people actually thought that was a serious video...
06.08.2007 - 05:15
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
can we still take them seriously?
----
06.08.2007 - 06:38
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by 4look4rd on 06.08.2007 at 05:15

can we still take them seriously?

Indeed we can. If you mean that they are crazy in the video, so for your info, they've always been like that.
06.08.2007 - 13:29
Etaín

Whats all the fuss about? A band makes a tiny vid to please their fans, and probably there selves cuz they seemed to have loads of fun. And all people do is whine about it .. I rly dont get it.
06.08.2007 - 21:50
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
COBTV news . . . whatever sells , end of statement
07.08.2007 - 00:53
Etaín

Yeh like something that is just shown on their site is gonna help them sell their stuff ..
07.08.2007 - 01:41
Deus Ex Machina

Yeah.Cause seeing Henkka randomly babbling and Alexi on the floor is such attractive stuff.
I think i'm gonna go buy all their merch now.
Not.

Hits total: 4628 | This month: 5