03. The Executioner Undead
04. The Alchemist
05. Rivers Running Dry
06. Whisper Of Abaddon
07. Godless Faith
08. Soul Exile
09. Boundless Demise
10. Black Passage

Welcome to a gloomy world where sounds of oblivion become reality and nightmares grow faces... - this is one way to start a review of the debut album from norweigan band "Sahg". This first album titled "I", features members of GORGOROTH, AUDREY HORNE and MANNGARD, and if you are an avid metalfan, you know this genre has nothing to do with Winger or Journey, but rather with influnces from Black Sabbath and their likes. This piece of work does not sound like anything from their past bands, but rather something else, more mature and heartfelt.

The music is groovy, heavy, filled with haunting doomriffs that could make your livinroom collapse and singer "Olav", has a voice that reminds you of young Ozzy, but the catchy songs soon make you forget about that and you are transported into "heavyness" by eerie melodies that makes you skin crawl...

The tempo is often slow, but that is an necessity in this genre. Picture Candlesmass playing a speed metal tune, then you know what I am talking about.

If you love band like Dragonforce or say Edguy, this is not your cup of tea, but if you like music that has underlying themes, in other words, things that are not obvious immediately, you should check this out...

Listen to the song "Godless Faith" that is on this months compilation and make your own opinion... This four-piece was founded in early 2004 and by the likes of it, I hope they make
more albums in years to come...

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written by Walter Iego | 15.05.2006

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 113 users
04.08.2007 - 06:05
..HumanError..
Account deleted
I've just got into this band... I would have liked to have more than just one album by them to listen to. Your rating is fair.
12.08.2007 - 00:03
Walter Iego
Author
The new album is in the making, I think it will e just as good
31.08.2007 - 02:00
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
I'm really longing for it! I've actually got sick of "I" since I listened to it sooooo damn often... I have to take a break. I'll come back to it as soon as I start missing their music .
01.09.2007 - 01:36
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Just received my copy of this release. Really waiting for the new album.
28.04.2008 - 15:19
Nazgal
Account deleted
This album is really awesome. I got into Sahg not so long ago, and I was totally blown away. It really is some incredible music.
30.11.2010 - 17:31
Rating: 9
BudDa

Just been listening to this again..Awesome, awesome work
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.

Hits total: 6901 | This month: 8