Metal Storm logo
More metal guys than girls?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 04.08.2007 - 20:28
it just came to me right now, why are there more male metal fans than female?

the only logical explanation i can give is that girls are softer and prefer lighter music in general...
19.09.2010 - 20:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I cant comment on Paradise Lost after "Draconian Times", but everything up to and including, that album is awesome stuff. "Shades Of God" being my fave. xD
14.06.2011 - 13:16
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Muse of Light on 07.08.2007 at 15:39

Written by selken on 04.08.2007 at 23:49

I think that girls can be as extreme as we, But the world culture isn't developed enough to have a 50/50 ratio. Conservative parents also has something to do, most in traditional cultures.

I actually agree with this. I was lucky enough to be raised by a pretty liberal mother, but a lot of girls/women (even indirectly) are discouraged from being "hardcore."

Men tend to focus on bodies and action, women tend to focus on character and feeling. This is an extremely broad gender generalization, and of course everyone is different, but it is usually true (at least in my own experience), and I think this has mostly to do with socially indoctrinated gender roles than with any sort of gender-based predisposition to any particular thing.

Don't eat me! *hides*

That is just what i think. And do not forget that all this "indoctrination" is given throughout our history, but our roles were more natural at the beginning of humanity, for obvious reasons of the nature (and this has been changing throughout the history bit by bit), but today this is different, currently this trend is changing, and i think that in the future we will be more similar (for good or for worse, who knows ).
14.06.2011 - 23:06
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Muse of Light on 07.08.2007 at 15:39

Written by selken on 04.08.2007 at 23:49

I think that girls can be as extreme as we, But the world culture isn't developed enough to have a 50/50 ratio. Conservative parents also has something to do, most in traditional cultures.

I actually agree with this. I was lucky enough to be raised by a pretty liberal mother, but a lot of girls/women (even indirectly) are discouraged from being "hardcore."

Men tend to focus on bodies and action, women tend to focus on character and feeling. This is an extremely broad gender generalization, and of course everyone is different, but it is usually true (at least in my own experience), and I think this has mostly to do with socially indoctrinated gender roles than with any sort of gender-based predisposition to any particular thing.

Don't eat me! *hides*

Well... this is a pretty good explanation of it I believe...
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.06.2011 - 06:37
Muse of Light
Thank you.
----
"My past holds only pain and loss. I will conquer it by creating the perfect future." - Ixidor, reality sculptor