Metal Storm logo
Helloween - Detail Upcoming Self-Titled Album

With the upcoming album, simply titled Helloween, the band open a new chapter after 35 years of a glorious career. The future of one of the most influential German metal bands will from now on feature three singers. Originally planned for the live performances only, it was the birth of a unique seven piece metal alliance. Helloween will officially unleash Helloween on June 18th, 2021 via Nuclear Blast. The album pre-order will kick off on March 26th.

Comments the band's drummer Dani Löble: "This record is the coronation of the PUMPKINS UNITED journey! Still, until today I am fascinated by the different character traits and facets of the Helloween history. Per example the legendary voices of Michi, Andi and Kai. To enjoy them now together on one record, under one flag is the ultimate Helloween experience.

Track listing in following order:

01. Out For The Glory
02. Fear Of The Fallen
03. Best Time
04. Mass Pollution
05. Angels
06. Rise Without Chains
07. Indestructible
08. Robot King
09. Cyanide
10. Down In The Dumps
11. Orbit
12. Skyfall

The base of this milestone album was already erected in the studio: using the original drum kit of Ingo Schwichtenberg, the recording was done with the same modulators at the Hamburg HOME studios where back then Master Of The Rings, The Time Of The Oath and Better Than Raw were recorded. Completely analog and under the eyes of long term producer Charlie Bauerfeind and co-producer Dennis Ward, the UNITED impact traveled to New York and got the final mix in the Valhalla Studios of Ronald Prent (Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Rammstein).

"After 30 years with the different line ups of the band I really thought I was well prepared for another extreme challenge, but I was wrong! My expectations were highly exceeded in every way with this super-sized creativity package," tells Bauerfeind.

Besides all musical competence, it is also the special enthusiasm that defines Helloween. Guitarist Michael Weikath characterizes in his own way: "It is the incomprehensible encounter of seven musicians who are working as friends and even family and created something that no one would have thought it could be possible. It is like awaking from a sleep but still being in an incredible dream."

Returnee Kai Hansen reflects: ?Being in the studio with my old companions after 30 years was very emotional for me. But at the same time it was a completely different experience with the "new" boys. The collaboration of different songwriters and strong characters made the album very special: a unique mix with reminiscences from all chapters of the band's history. Helloween is a big part of my life and I am looking forward to celebrating the songs live for and with our fans!"

From another perspective bassist Markus Grosskopf agrees: "For me, being one of the last 'survivors' who played every note from the beginning, it was a fantastic experience and a very emotional process. I think everyone can hear it on this album. I love it."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Helloween
Posted: 12.03.2021 by Abattoir

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 54   Visited by: 226 users
15.03.2021 - 12:18
RaphaelThorne

Written by skelator on 14.03.2021 at 20:51

Dont know any, trying to avoid them - its difficult, they are everywhere.

Can you blame them? The concept of a metal opera with an all-star cast - in itself - is pretty cool. I won't make the mistake of saying anything about the music which, again, is just taste\opinion, but the idea that it encompasses is actually very appealing, even for me. It's not that trve, though.

Well, João, if being smartass is you key to overthrow other people opinions, first you have to be smart. Otherwise, just an ass will left.

A dribble, a shot and� the ball hits the post. You deserve a 10 (20?!) for the effort of looking up traditional Portuguese names but, sadly, that's not mine. Try again (and I give you these ones for free; it's not António or Manuel).

Now, I agree with your conclusion. The thing is I'm not trying to overthrow your opinion, mainly because I don't care about your opinion. I was just trying to make you admit it was an opinion and it should be regarded as such� which I just did so, all in all, yeah, I'm a smartass - and a very good one at that.

The fact that quarter million of Japanese bought Babymetal albums, doesnt mean its piece of art.

First you mistakenly took facts for opinion and now you're confusing sales figures with ratings (which was what we were talking about). Although, because your confusion makes for a better topic, I'll let this one slide.

So, you say that the number of people that buys or praises a piece of art doesn't make it as such. Ok, then what does? If all the world says something is brilliant, your single opinion only matters to you. I've studied art in college, so you can imagine there are lots and lots of pieces that I don't regard as such, but that's my opinion, my view, my perspective. It doesn't matter at all. The value of a piece of art is dictated by the amount of people willing to buy it. It's the general consensus that really matters for an artist to make or break in this world. With that said, we get back to the issue that you still don't seem to grasp; that what you consider bad is just really your perception and taste, and the core of why is just stupid to try to pass an opinion for facts when the numbers prove you wrong at every turn.

I like their ski jumpers. And their prime minister looks hot. Their pop-metal with howling divas not so much. I like Attick Demons!

Ski jumpers and a hot prime minister?! Not their education system, their financial control or a general better use of public services when compared to pretty much the rest of the world?!?!? Well, I'm so glad you can tackle the questions that really matter.

And of course you like Attick Demons. Everything Portuguese is awesome� except when it's not.

I think, Mark Twain, it is time for some book.

Mark Twain?! You flatter me.
And the book is halfway there, just be patient.

Cheers
----
Huddled in the safety of a pseudo silk kimono wearing bracelets of smoke, naked of understanding.
15.03.2021 - 12:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This might be good, live album was good, if they keep up in top level song writing, it can be best album of the year, to big names to ignore it.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.03.2021 - 20:21
mikeprado30

So sad to see even in this HISTORICAL moment some voices of hatred fed by prejudices That's one of the things I most despise of the comments section. WHY THE HELL WE CAN'T RESPECT OTHER ONES' TASTES? Always is a GODDAMN bashing to the most "light" tastes (i.e. Finnish Symphonic Metal, bands more Electro-oriented like Beast in Black, who deliver an AMAZING performance), and also taking the "Nostrasladamus" place and predicting "next album will be sh** because last ones were sh** for myself, and also THEY SHOULD BE SH** FOR EVERYONE"

Being said that, I just say...

CAN'T WAIT FOR JUNE TO ARRIVE!!!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
15.03.2021 - 21:43
skelator

Same kind of discussion I had when Iron Maiden "Book Of Souls" has came up. Ooooh how great it will be, blah-blah...

But, hey! I hope I'm wrong, José, I really am! .... to see first good Helloween album from 2000.
See you in June then in comment section, cant wait...
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
16.03.2021 - 10:40
RaphaelThorne

You still don't get it.
Iron Maiden's Book of Souls received an 8.2 here and has an average rating of 7.7 on metal-archives. That tell's us that roughly 8 out of 10 people liked the album. So, again, thinking Iron Maiden failed is ludicrous and not on par with reality.

Once and for all, if you're gonna get something out of this, please take this: what you think is good or bad might be the opposite to the ones next to you. Artistic taste is completely personal. Even if you don't like Helloweens next album, please don't rain on other people's parades. Don't be that guy.

I, for one, am quite happy with this reunion, loved the last live Dvd and really liked most of the albums they released after the 00's - and I'm including the Keepers - Legacy and Unarmed (which, as a musician, I find it very refreshing). So, again, it's all about taste and perspective.

And you won't see me in June in the comments section, as I will be too busy finding out what kind of emotions the new album will bring out in me. Good or bad? I don't know but I'm anxious to find out. You should do the same instead of being in a forum taking part in a discussion that will never lead anywhere, but hey, you do you.

Cheers mate

PS: It's not José. You're not very good at this game, are you?
----
Huddled in the safety of a pseudo silk kimono wearing bracelets of smoke, naked of understanding.
16.03.2021 - 19:52
skelator

Written by RaphaelThorne on 16.03.2021 at 10:40

It's not José. You're not very good at this game, are you?

I wasn't talking to you, Alfredo
----

16.03.2021 - 20:51
RaphaelThorne

Written by skelator on 16.03.2021 at 19:52

Brilliant, but that's another swing and a miss.
Strike three! You're out Skelie.

But just because you've been a good sport, even though our diferences, my name is Pedro.

Cheers
----
16.03.2021 - 21:15
skelator

Written by RaphaelThorne on 16.03.2021 at 20:51

Written by skelator on 16.03.2021 at 19:52

Brilliant, but that's another swing and a miss.
Strike three! You're out Skelie.

But just because you've been a good sport, even though our diferences, my name is Pedro.

Cheers

Listen, it doesnt matter what Helloween, Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Epica, Metallica etc will record, its business cycle, people will still jump on band wagon and praise new LPs to the heavens before they will come out. You like one-off live DVD? Cool. But entering recording studio and not singing Eagly Fly Free for 1000th time is different thing. Kiske was god back in 1988, now he's only good with singing AOR at best.
As I said, will be first who bark off these words if album will be a smasher. But doubt it - but hey, you mentored me its only an opinion.

You keep bringing up average scores from different websites. But look at Grammys last weekend. I mean, cmon, metal awards. Body Count? I dont know even the other four. But thousands of ppl will buy these albums online as, wow, these guys were nominated at Grammys, thousends cant be wrong right? Same here, nominations on metalstorm, half of albums are just from nowhere and making me laugh. These scores mean nothing to me.

Cant wait for your book! Remember, mark clear divide line between what is good metal and what is not - like at Tordesillas!

Beer would be good, agreed!
----

16.03.2021 - 22:15
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by skelator on 16.03.2021 at 21:15

But look at Grammys last weekend. I mean, cmon, metal awards. Body Count? I dont know even the other four.

That's your own fault.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
17.03.2021 - 11:03
musclassia

Written by RaduP on 16.03.2021 at 22:15

But look at Grammys last weekend. I mean, cmon, metal awards. Body Count? I dont know even the other four.

That's your own fault.

Idk I've just checked the nominees and it's got to be the worst line-up of nominees ever in that category; to think there was a recent year where BTBAM, High on Fire and Deafheaven all got nominated. I'd say he's on the right track not knowing most of the other four
17.03.2021 - 11:12
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by musclassia on 17.03.2021 at 11:03

Idk I've just checked the nominees and it's got to be the worst line-up of nominees ever in that category; to think there was a recent year where BTBAM, High on Fire and Deafheaven all got nominated. I'd say he's on the right track not knowing most of the other four

How the hell does one not know Power Trip?
----
17.03.2021 - 11:15
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl

Kiske was god back in 1988, now he's only good with singing AOR at best.

I like Kiske's AOR stuff...
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
17.03.2021 - 11:26
musclassia

Written by RaduP on 17.03.2021 at 11:12

By caring about thrash as little as I do, probably (disclaimer: I do know who Power Trip are)
17.03.2021 - 15:16
JoHn Doe

Written by M C Vice on 17.03.2021 at 11:15

Kiske was god back in 1988, now he's only good with singing AOR at best.

I like Kiske's AOR stuff...

Nice to see Kiske and Place Vendome getting some love.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
17.03.2021 - 21:10
skelator

Written by RaduP on 17.03.2021 at 11:12

Vektor, Warbringer, Angelus Apatrida, Havok, Crisix... thats all I need to know from recent times.
But I've checked this Power Trip specially for you: two albums, last one in 2017, so tell me what they been nominated for in 2021? Live album?! F***n joke! Another reason to screw all these Grammy awards. There are hundreds of bands out there old and new who would deserve more attention. But this what not main discussion anyway....
----

18.03.2021 - 16:38
The Melting Snow

Ohkkk. what's so special about this news?
18.03.2021 - 16:59
JoHn Doe

Written by The Melting Snow on 18.03.2021 at 16:38

It's special because Michael and Kai are making music with the Deris line-up, I am actually looking forward to see what will come of this collaboration.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
18.03.2021 - 17:00
Daniell
_爱情_

Does it need to be special?
19.03.2021 - 10:20
The Melting Snow

Written by Daniell on 18.03.2021 at 17:00

no.

i meant, it has gotten a lot of attention here so i was wondering why?
19.03.2021 - 18:08
Metal Invader

Written by The Melting Snow on 19.03.2021 at 10:20

Written by Daniell on 18.03.2021 at 17:00

no.

It's more because 2-3 people were arguing about their opinions (and who is right) than this news!!
23.03.2021 - 12:12
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by The Melting Snow on 19.03.2021 at 10:20

no.

Helloween is quite famous, and a new album featuring almost everyone from their classic 1980's setup is kind of a big deal.
25.03.2021 - 00:58
Novas

Never been a fan of Kiske's voice, but his music with the band & other bands always did attract me in. I much rather Kai or Andi. Especially Andi, his grovel voice IS Helloween 😈 But I hope Gamma Ray won't be put on hold for too long either....
25.03.2021 - 12:55
skelator

Written by RaduP on 16.03.2021 at 22:15

That's your own fault.

It seems my answer above gave you proper clarification regarding the subject.
10 days of your silence proves to me that you understood by now how stupid you comment was.
----

25.03.2021 - 13:06
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by skelator on 25.03.2021 at 12:55

It seems my answer above gave you proper clarification regarding the subject.
10 days of your silence proves to me that you understood by now how stupid you comment was.

Nah, I just didn't bother
----

Hits total: 3518 | This month: 8