Metal Storm logo
Underøath - Former Guitarist Died In Car Accident

Former Underøath guitarist Corey Steger has passed away in a car accident on March 17th. News of his passing was shared by his ex-bandmate Dallas Taylor. Steger was part of the group from 1998 to 2001 and contributed his share on the first two full lengths.

Statement from Dallas Taylor as follows: I don't know how to type this. I'm without words. Yesterday 3/17/2021 at around 6:00 p.m. Corey Steger one of the original founding members of Underøath was rear ended in a car wreck, and went home to be with the Lord. Him, and his family have had such an impact during my accident, and recovery. I still remember him washing my hair in ICU just wanting to love on me, and be there for me. He is one of the kindest souls I've ever known. I really cannot wrap my head around this, and I don't even know what to type. I love you Corey you are one of the greatest closest friends I've ever known. My heart is completely broken for his wife, kids, and his family if you can please keep them in your prayers."

Source: instagram.com
Band profile: Underøath
Posted: 19.03.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 17 users
19.03.2021 - 21:07
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Woah. That sucks. Cries of the Past with Corey on guitars was Underoath's best work.
Rest in peace.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei

Hits total: 708 | This month: 6