Metal Storm logo
Evergrey - Announce New Bass Player

This following text was posted at Evergrey's Blog:

"Our new bass-players name is Jari Kainulainen!

Some of you might know him as a former member of Stratovarius and we are extremely happy to have him in the band as we know he will improve our sound in a great way which he already proved when we rehearsed together.

Me and Henrik talked after the rehearsal and both said we had goosebumps and this coming from a a guy playing bass. Before it's always been like - hey whatever it's only bass - but now we really feel that Jari will bring our sound up to a new level .

We got along great and it of course also helps a lot that Jari is a very experienced player when it comes to playing live with his several world tours together with Stratovarius as proof.

This was one of the main things we were looking for in a bass-player except for the playing of course, so that we wouldn't end up with a person who after 100 gigs finds out that this was not what he was meant for, cause this is, wether you believe so or not, a very weird and demanding life that let's you experience the greatest things in the world as well as the sickest, most draining moments of utter insecurity - that of course immediately vanishes as soon as we get to play for you guys!

We are so much looking forward to the coming months of recording and playing and it honestly feels like a fresh start and an injection I think we needed.

I'm going to leave you with a few words from Jari himself.

All the best

' t

What can I say? When I heard that Evergrey was searching for a new bass player, I immediately contacted Tom to let him know that I was extremely interested!

Then they asked me to come and audition for them. I can't even start to explain how nervous I was!

But everything just matched, and sounded great! And before we knew it we were all shit faced and celebrating the Scandinavian way! See you on the gigs!

-Jari Kainulainen-"

Source: evergrey.net
Band profile: Evergrey
Posted: 06.08.2007 by Krafve

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 8 users
06.08.2007 - 13:56
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Oh well it seems they're all very happy about this...I hope they really work out together ^^
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
06.08.2007 - 14:32
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Jari? Very good choice! Good luck for the future!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
06.08.2007 - 16:35
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Haha, that's a nice surprise! I really look forward to see them live!
06.08.2007 - 21:00
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Excelent choice, by pure coincidence, on some Serbian Evergrey fan site, I wrote few month ago that thay could take Jari since he left Strato few years ago... I could belive that I actually guessed.... He's great bassist, its gonna be really cool with him.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
06.08.2007 - 23:43
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Good news. I'm looking forward. I hope that "....feels like a fresh start and an injection I think we needed" will be true and give us a great album.
07.08.2007 - 03:12
Bleeding_Rainbow

This is ill.
07.08.2007 - 07:22
foschino
Account deleted
In my opinion, Kainulainen or somebody else doesn't make any difference. He just plays bass and he's not Steve Harris. He doesn't write music or lyrics. I hope Tom will find his inspiration back and start writing good songs like he used to do. Be honest: last album disappointed everybody's expectations.
07.08.2007 - 10:24
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
Oh...Great News, Very good choice.
07.08.2007 - 13:03
Sheol

That's really good news. Just hope that the new album isnt like Monday Morning Apocalypse.
09.08.2007 - 16:25
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by Guest on 07.08.2007 at 07:22

Be honest: last album disappointed everybody's expectations.

Not mine. Honestly, what's wrong with Monday Morning Apocalypse?
09.08.2007 - 19:04
Sheol

Written by =maD.Doc:. on 09.08.2007 at 16:25

Written by Guest on 07.08.2007 at 07:22

Be honest: last album disappointed everybody's expectations.

Not mine. Honestly, what's wrong with Monday Morning Apocalypse?

It strays to much from their previous albums. I'm not saying that I dislike changes, but the progg that got me intrested in them, was gone. The critics loved it, but the fans thinks it failed. Tbh, I think the new album is gonna be something like MMA.
28.09.2010 - 16:46
MeTalRea|istiK

What???cnt believe it..evergrey my next idol!!

Hits total: 2596 | This month: 4