Metal Storm logo
Eye Of Solitude - Update From Daniel Neagoe, To Revive The Project

After 2 years, all-around doom metal master Daniel Neagoe has deiced to revive Eye Of Solitude project. Daniel unveiled a long statement via the band's Facebook page, explaining the reasons behind this decision.

Daniel Neagoe's full statement: ''Hello everyone, Daniel here. I will try to keep this as short and simple as possible, without losing myself in all sorts of details. There is no easier way to say this, so here it is.

"For many years I've been facing a serious health problem in the form of 3 fractured, herniated and perforated discs in the lombary section of my spine, affecting the entire zone (L1-L6). This is causing me unbearable pain and it keeps me bedridden for weeks in a row when nerves are being trapped and the pain goes down the legs when I finally manage to stand up and keeps me from walking properly. This has been going for quite a few years and it looks like the only way to rectify this situation is to undergo surgery. I've tried all of the alternatives to the surgery, however to no avail. Tramadol, Doreta, and the likes do not have effect anymore and a larger dose will destroy my stomach.

"I've taken all the necessary steps to get ready for the operation, in the last 6 months I've shed 30kg, gone vegetarian to help the weight loss (something that worked for me) , carefully calculating the calories I intake daily, thus making sure I put less and less pressure on my spine and have less episodes where I collapse and be stuck with horrendous pain that makes me soil myself instantly...

"The surgery itself requires a lot of care and at least 2 neurosurgeons to operate at the same time and fix all three discs (replacement, calcium intake, there are quite a few options) as the same area cannot be opened again. The problem is I've relocated in the past two years and my current situation does not offer me medical insurance, I would like to keep this aspect private, and I am sure everyone will understand.

"I have battled this thought for a very long time, even though close friends have suggested I would consider initiating a crowd funding campaign in order to raise some funds and have the operation. I feel very uncomfortable with doing this, hence, I am going to unearth Eye Of Solitude and bring it back to life. I do not want to ask for people's support without giving something back in return. I just cannot do that and my conscience won't let me accept unconditional help.

"Music is my life, I knew it since 22 years ago when I started playing. I couldn't see my life without music and I cannot see myself not writing, recording or playing live. Music is what I've been given by whatever divine entity out there and I see it as my savior and purpose in life.

"The other half of my life is my son. The light of my eyes who looks up to daddy and feels so proud to have me as a father and I want to continue being the father figure he loves so much.

"For these two reasons I decided to continue the Eye Of Solitude legacy. More to it, I know I can do this myself and not owe anyone anything for recording, using studio equipment, mixing, mastering and so on. It is a way to gather funds but more than that, it caused me great pain to see my brainchild of over a decade fall into oblivion. I am ready to write and bring forth an album worthy of a comeback.

"With the funds gathered I can start looking for the right doctors, prepare myself for a long recovery period of time during which I will need to learn how to walk again and prepare to see myself on the "suspended's" bench for a good while, and be ready for a period of inactivity while bills will continue to arrive without discrimination. Thus I will make available some really exciting packages (for all pockets) that people can pre-oder, some limited editions along with regular editions and all sorts of merch.

"Thank you for taking the time to read all of this, and I hope to receive your support in hope for a normal life."

As a bonus, you can give a listen to the re-recorded version of the Eye Of Solitude's debut album, Ghost, originally released in 2011.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Eye Of Solitude
Posted: 24.03.2021 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 32 users
24.03.2021 - 12:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Is not that in UK national helath care is free and you can get help for cases like this?
Nice album. nice news, sad it happened to him like this, sad. Good news, sortha good band, why he ended it I dont know.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.01.2023 - 08:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Another update

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=581915033752942&set=a.166409958636787

Hello everyone, Daniel here.
I hope this news will bring some of you a nice doomy smile on your faces and here it goes:
I have decided to resurrect Eye Of Solitude.
The decision came naturally as I feel this band and its music did prove itself over the years, and to be even more honest, I miss the feeling of writing music for this band, i miss the live performances and the emotions they evoke.
Thus, I've approached a few very good musicians and old friends from Romania, and I am happy to say, things are looking great.
For now, we are concetrating on rehearsals and getting musically acquinted and more news will follow for sure.
Let's funeral!
Artwork by N Art
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 885 | This month: 9