Metal Storm logo
Destruction

06.08.2007 - 22:11
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
oi oi! man I search and search, I could find no topic dedicated to the discussion ov this band. Hailing from Germany and playing old-school Thrash Metal! I'm just getting into these guys. I like their Sentence Of Death EP and Infernal Overkill .......So MSers, what is your favourite ov theirs? What facts you know ov this band? and so on......

discuss away

07.08.2007 - 05:46
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I have yet to hear a bad album from this band. My favorite album is probably Infernal Overkill, mostly because of all the instrumentals. These guys aren't as fast as I usually like my thrash metal to be, but they play enough creative and catchy riffs and solos for me to like them.
07.08.2007 - 17:16
Anton Alcolust

i saw them at wacken , it's was fucking good ! the best band i saw live ! circle piiiit !
----
A.M.S.G.
07.08.2007 - 17:58
Infurnace

Oh yeah, their Wacken performance really ruled! Absolutely the best band on Wacken. Probably my favorite Thrash Metal band.
08.08.2007 - 18:16
Basso
Account deleted
They did a very good gig on Wacken indeed, I have to check out more material with theese guys
08.08.2007 - 20:39
APOHAKC
The Bard
I saw them 5 years ago, and they were awesome. I am not a big fan of this band, but sure, songs like Invincible Force, Tormentor and Death Trap are awesome
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
09.08.2007 - 16:06
Baz Anderson

yes! the Wacken performance was amazing even though I didn't actually know anything they played
I am really surprised they didnt play anything from the "Metal Discharge" album..
you will all get to see a load of pictures and stuff in the Wacken review..
10.08.2007 - 02:38
Im_Haunted
Account deleted
These guys are playing a tiny venue near me so I downloaded there album "Thrash Anthems" And they rule!
Hope it will be a good gig.
24.08.2007 - 23:10
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Hey is Thrash Anthems just them covering their own songs from the old days
25.08.2007 - 00:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yes, they re-recorded those songs.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.08.2007 - 00:48
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Oh okay then . I hear they're awesome live.
28.08.2007 - 16:52
Baz Anderson

yeh - Destruction's performance at Wacken was really good.. and the "Thrash Anthems" is really good to listen to the sort of stuff they did live - with how they sound these days
I really really enjoy that "Thrash Anthems" album.. one of the best I've listened to in a while
17.10.2007 - 08:42
m3ta1he4d

Destruction is a German thrash metal band formed in Lörrach, Germany in 1982. They were formerly known as Knight of Demon before they changed their name to Destruction. They are considered to be on of the big three teutonic thrash metal bands alongside Sodom and Kreator. Higlight albums, IMO, includes Infernal Overkill, Release From Agony, and Eternal Devastation. Destruction's music, as compared to other bands and thrash scenes, during the 80s, were much more aggressive, brutal, and way heavier.
15.12.2007 - 23:40
Ellie
Account deleted
Such a down to earth band! Ive seen them live twice. I met them once and Schmier gave me his number hahaha
16.12.2007 - 15:59
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
I've only seen them on the Live Discharge DVD and the performance at Wacken is indeed awesome.
16.12.2007 - 16:29
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Great band, one of my favorite thrash metal bands... Whenever I need thrash, I play Destruction. Ill try to see them next year in Belgrade, if they come...
----
18.12.2007 - 04:09
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I wasn't too impressed with Thrash Anthems , but i think that's just me.
22.02.2008 - 02:16
Vizz
Account deleted
Love these guys! Seen them live twice,1988 and last year,i had the honour of meeting Schmier both times,an absolute metal god.Nobody has really mentioned the albums "Inventor of Evil" and "Metal Discharge",both great albums.
17.05.2008 - 02:51
carlithrashinmad
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.08.2007 at 00:48

Oh okay then . I hear they're awesome live.

They are really awesome playing live,they have really amazing thrash songs. I saw them last year at Colombia, and I stayed the whole concert in the mosh pit, I got some wounds from it . They have a lot of pretty damn fast bang-your-head-against-the-world songs! I love Mad Butcher,Eternal Ban,Curse the Gods,Bestial Invasion,Invincible Force,Release from agony,Thrash til death,etc.

What I dont like about Destruction is their "slow" songs, lI think they dont do a good work with that stuff, but they wrote one of the best "raw " thrash metal

Mad butcher
18.06.2008 - 06:00
Metal_Militia

//I just checked out some of their material because ive never heard of these guys and wanna check em out. They sound sweet enough to prompt the question, what would you suggest me looking into?? Whats there best album/song someone like me could get into as a new listener?//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

23.06.2008 - 16:52
mortjoyeux

Written by Metal_Militia on 18.06.2008 at 06:00

//I just checked out some of their material because ive never heard of these guys and wanna check em out. They sound sweet enough to prompt the question, what would you suggest me looking into?? Whats there best album/song someone like me could get into as a new listener?//

Well the two best albums imo are Eternal Devastation and Live Without Sense, but any album by this band will do the trick.
best thrash
23.06.2008 - 22:55
Metal_Militia

Written by mortjoyeux on 23.06.2008 at 16:52

Written by Metal_Militia on 18.06.2008 at 06:00

Well the two best albums imo are Eternal Devastation and Live Without Sense, but any album by this band will do the trick.
best thrash

//Ok thanks man... Will check that out soon//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

17.09.2008 - 03:58
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Okay, I finally got my copy of the DEVOLUTION disc from these guys... it's solid, sounds just like the more recent Destruction albums, and has some great replay value. However, I think I've heard it all before from these guys, so it's not going to top 2001/2003 releases for the 21st century era of the band.

The songs get a bit immature and sloppy I think in the second half, which takes away my enjoyment of the album, particularly with songs like "Inner Indulgence." But there are definitely enough hits on the first part of the disc to make it all worth it About a 7 or so for me.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
21.11.2008 - 03:16
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Jason W. on 17.09.2008 at 03:58

Okay, I finally got my copy of the DEVOLUTION disc from these guys... it's solid, sounds just like the more recent Destruction albums, and has some great replay value. However, I think I've heard it all before from these guys, so it's not going to top 2001/2003 releases for the 21st century era of the band.

The songs get a bit immature and sloppy I think in the second half, which takes away my enjoyment of the album, particularly with songs like "Inner Indulgence." But there are definitely enough hits on the first part of the disc to make it all worth it About a 7 or so for me.

i agree with you. i found their last 3 albums to be better than this one, with the exception being "Thrash Anthems". "The Antichrist", "Metal Discharge" and "Inventor of Evil" are all superior to this album. its not a bad album by any means, i just think the others are better.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.03.2009 - 00:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I got this yesterday

I don't look at it as a Destruction tattoo, but just a random skull.
26.03.2009 - 05:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Dangerboner on 26.03.2009 at 00:06

I got this yesterday

I don't look at it as a Destruction tattoo, but just a random skull.

Very nice. Yeah, I have the same problem, theres various images I want to get tattooed on me but not because of the band/album art it is from, but rather that I like the picture.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.03.2009 - 20:38
Galar
Wicked Mung
I smoked pot with Mike and Marc!!!
MIKE IS SO F'N COOL TO CHILL WITH!!!!

All time favorite experience.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
29.03.2009 - 08:02
Galar
Wicked Mung
Perplexing to me why these guys don't get the credit that they deserve...

they are the epitome of thrash metal!!
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
31.03.2009 - 02:26
mortjoyeux

Yeyeye they're definitely up there for sure
destruction + razor ftw.
20.05.2009 - 13:01
Rattlehead.cz

One of my favourite thrash bands.
I like "All hell breaks lose" most; the only one, which disappointed me a little bit, is "Inventor of evil".
Unfortunately I have never seen this group live.