Metal Storm logo
Obituary - No New Album Until Next Year

Obituary frontman John Tardy revealed in a recent interview with France's 'United Rock Nations' that they have spent much of their downtime during the COVID-19 pandemic working on the follow-up to their 2017 eponymous tenth studio album, which won't be released until next year.

Tardy elaborated: "We've definitely been working on new tunes, and we've been taking our time. We didn't feel like releasing [a new album] now in the middle of the pandemic when you can't go on tour and support it is not what we wanted to do, so we're in no hurry. But by the time next year comes around, we're gonna be hitting the road again. We're getting tours set up, and we will be releasing another album next year before we hit the road and start touring again. So we are currently working on new material."

"John was also asked what fans can expect from the new record: "I think it's just gonna sound like Obituary. [Laughs] You know us - we're kind of cavemen; we don't like to evolve too much. We like to change it up and do a little here and there, but we're getting too old to change too much, I think. So as long as it's heavy and pounding, then that's what you can expect."

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Obituary
Posted: 31.03.2021 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 38 users
31.03.2021 - 14:40
EloZ
That's what I want from Obituary: the same old kind of music. Thank you for being yourselves. I hate bands who drastically change their style and evolve so much than their sound become unrecognizable. Few bands managed to evolve and remain interesting...I name Anathema, Moonspell, Celtic Frost, Pestilence, Behemoth, Darkthrone, Satyricon...others simply I cannot listen anymore (yes, I'm thinking about Opeth). So thank you Obituary, (and Unleashed, Cannibal Corpse, AC/DC, Taake, Vader, Summoning...) to keep the heavy metal flame high! Just stay who you are...

Hits total: 707 | This month: 3