Metal Storm logo
Pharaoh - Return With First Studio Album In 9 Years

Long-running American metallers Pharaoh will return with their first studio album in nine years. Dubbed The Powers That Be, it will be released on June 18th, 2021 via Cruz Del Sur Music.

The Powers That Be track listing:

01. The Powers That Be
02. Will We Rise
03. Waiting To Drown
04. Lost In The Waves
05. Ride Us To Hell
06. When The World Was Mine
07. Freedom
08. Dying Sun
09. I Can Hear Them

"I'd say the real push to get this done started in 2018 or so when Chris started tracking his drums," says Johnsen. "He did a couple of tunes at a time, so it took a while to finish them all. And then I had to record all the guitars, and I procrastinated that task for the better part of 2019. But I eventually got to work and I finished everything in early 2020. When Tim came to sing, it felt like we were on a roll and would be done quickly, but then of course the pandemic happened?"

The Powers That Be marked a change in the way Pharaoh recorded. Instead of tracking at MCR Studios in Virginia with longtime producer Matt Crooks, Black recorded drums on his own. Johnsen tracked everything else at his home studio, with Crooks re-amping all the guitars and bass. Being that the members of Pharaoh are spread out across the United States, finding time to get together has always been difficult. The global pandemic only amplified the situation.

"The first vocal session was completed a week or so before the lockdown happened," says Johnsen. "We waited for months to even consider starting up again, but we really had no choice, so Tim would ride the train out east and live here for a week at a time, and eventually, we got it all done. All things considered, the pandemic didn't make the process harder, because, for us, the process is always hard."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pharaoh
Posted: 02.04.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 22 users
02.04.2021 - 18:36
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Niceeee
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.