Metal Storm logo
The Red Chord, definitely worthwhile

30.05.2006 - 01:22
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
Anyone check these guys out? Hailing from Boston, one of the HC capitals of the US, they blend the best of that scene into their technical death metal output. I've heard the new album Clients, and I can safely recommend it.

They have three tracks, Nihilist, Antman and Dreaming in Dog Years, off the album available at www.myspace.com/theredchord

Sometimes I feel there are too many new bands to get into, but then again, there are always new excellent bands out there to discover
31.05.2006 - 14:30
mvikred

I have their album Clients , and i must say its truely amazing ... very good tech death \m/
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
01.06.2006 - 02:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Clients is a good album, but I wouldn't call it technical death metal.
01.06.2006 - 12:54
Ur-Nammu
Account deleted
@pyroleprechaun, well, they classify it as death/grind/hc, but I just thought the technicality plays a part there more than in regular grind and hc at least

But I'm open to suggestions
02.06.2006 - 20:35
fire101
Account deleted
Clients is a wonderful album. I may buy today in fact, since I've seen this thread. I would not call them technical death, though. I would say they combine elements of grind, death, and metalcore.
03.06.2006 - 05:34
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I classify them as Deathcore, but it doesn't really matter. I'm actually getting annoyed with the suffix "core" used in everything nowadays.
22.06.2006 - 02:06
SepulchralOath
Account deleted
Overall i say...like so many other bands in the US right now, that theyre Technical Metalcore. You can say they incorporate grind, hardcore, death metal, sludge, whatever...in the end its Technical...and its Metalcore. Regarding their material, im not too big into them, as bands like them usually dont interest me. It seems to be just way too overdone when it comes to technicality and being complex. It ends up sounding to me like just a hodgepodge of psychotic riffs and blast beats.
14.07.2006 - 23:31
Endoftherainbow

I have tried to see what all the hype has been about this band but to me they don't seem to have anything special about them just another mediocre metalcore band hailing from where else the united states. But if they are truly a good band can somebody recommend me a song to listen to because I have only heard there songs with videos and the one's on their myspace.
25.07.2007 - 06:59
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Clients is awesome and all, but what about Fused Together in Revolving Doors? Much better and more brutal. Either way, they are a great band. I need the new one.
25.07.2007 - 08:44
AlGore
Account deleted
I have seen these guys twice live and they have always delivered a great show. I'm excited to hear Prey For Eyes.....anyone pick it up yet?
03.08.2007 - 00:46
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Their new album is way faster than their last two. I got it in the mail last night and I must say that I'm impressed. It's seems like it's just technical for the sake of being technical at times, but overall it's a strong album. I think Clients is catchier (and better) though.

Their lyrics are very abstract as well, much like they are on Clients (Santa vs Antman wtf?? someone please explain that to me). The booklet starts off with a mini story about some crazy dude, so I think it's a concept album, but the lyrics are so abstract that it's hard to tell.
05.08.2007 - 06:05
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
I recently got Prey for Eyes and it's awesome. I'd say it's on par with Clients. Very catchy and technical like Clients too.
12.03.2009 - 17:18
HarmonyCorruptio

This fail shall resonate for aeons to come!
12.03.2009 - 21:50
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I saw these guys live a few years ago supporting Cannibal Corpse. They where alright. My opinion on music was different then so I should go more in depth with these guys. I think I know someone who has their albums. One thing that was kinda cool live was that they had a doughnut eating contest with the fans. It was pretty funny at the time
----
Coldgrits
26.05.2009 - 14:06
yog-sothoth

Great band! Anyone seen their funny music video with sandwiches?