05. Dhaulagiri
06. Death And The Vast Nothing
07. The Fountain
08. Memento

Staff review by
nikarg
Rating:
N/A
I have already stated in this review that extreme progressive metal is stealing the show in 2021. Hannes Grossmann's latest LP further confirms that statement.

Read more ››
published 09.07.2021 | Comments (5)

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 216 users
15.04.2021 - 05:41
The Galactician

Nice! I didn't love his last one but the two prior were great. Excited for more. Grossmann's got the goods.
02.06.2021 - 23:16
Rating: 9
Uxküll

Incredible stuff.
----
"Nullum unquam exstitit magnum igenium sine aliqua dementia [there was never great genius without some madness]."

Best of Metal A-Z: http://metalstorm.net/users/lists.php?user_id=158339
06.06.2021 - 20:15
Rating: 6
Mehrad

Dark Souls 3 vibes on the cover

the first track and "In The Glacier's Eye" were the best tracks IMO.
the solos were really uninteresting and the "melodic" riffs are really not that great either.
"Death And The Vast Nothing" started really good, but then got ruined unfortunately. so this is 6-something to me.
----
Ride a horse that's cleaving through the air and space of dreams.
07.06.2021 - 19:34
Nejde
CommunityManager
The best thing to come out of Germany metalwise is Alkaloid of which Hannes is the drummer. Many of the songs on this album reminds me a lot of Alkaloid which isn't all that strange since Klausenitzer, Münzner and Maier also are in the band. So this is kind of an Alkaloid album. At least for me that makes this album his best solo output so far. Now we just need a proper Alkaloid album too and then we're all good
----
Bow to the King Hercules!
07.08.2021 - 03:50
Rating: 7
tintinb

Written by Mehrad on 06.06.2021 at 20:15

Dark Souls 3 vibes on the cover

the first track and "In The Glacier's Eye" were the best tracks IMO.
the solos were really uninteresting and the "melodic" riffs are really not that great either.
"Death And The Vast Nothing" started really good, but then got ruined unfortunately. so this is 6-something to me.

I second Mehrad. The only track with any mettle is the first track. The rest of the album is not bad, it's just not that interesting. Their first album is still their best album.
----
Leeches everywhere.
03.12.2023 - 17:11
thewall30

The Symbolic Nature Of Terms is my fav on here. Hannes never disappoints, always look forward to his solo records.
----

Hits total: 2402 | This month: 45