Metal Storm logo
Fear Factory - Detail Upcoming Full Length, First Single Unleashed

Fear Factory are proud to announce the tenth studio album, Aggression Continuum, to be released on June 18th via Nuclear Blast just in time for the band's 30th anniversary. It was produced and engineered by Damien Rainaud, mixed by Andy Sneap who also mixed the album's critically-acclaimed predecessor, Genexus. The artwork was created by Francesco Artusato. With all details being unveiled, the band also present the first official single called "Disruptor".

Aggression Continuum features guitarist, songwriter, and co-founder Dino Cazares; drummer Mike Heller; and former vocalist, lyricist, and co-founder Burton C. Bell.

Dino Cazares comments, "This record is one of my proudest achievements and I'm really excited for it to finally be released. There were a lot of personal struggles, sacrifices, and legal issues involved with this record which almost didn't see the light of day, but through passion determination, lots of hard work and not giving up the fight, it's finally ready for the world to hear. I felt that I needed to prove myself once again as I always try and make each record better than the last. Listen, and understand! This album is pissed! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear and it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are hooked. You must fight to survive in the Aggression Continuum."

Aggression Continuum track listing:

01. Recode
02. Disruptor
03. Aggression Continuum
04. Purity
05. Fuel Injected Suicide Machine
06. Collapse
07. Manufactured Hope
08. Cognitive Dissonance
09. Monolith
10. End Of Line

Source: fearfactory.com
Band profile: Fear Factory
Posted: 16.04.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 28   Visited by: 172 users
16.04.2021 - 20:58
Novas

Enough to make the star of the band to leave? Dino is such an asshat. Can't have Fear Factory without Bell. RIP to FF's last album lol
16.04.2021 - 21:19
Brutal Water

Indeed. I'll consider this their last album. No offense to whoever the new singer is gonna be, but it just won't be FF anymore.
----
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
16.04.2021 - 22:04
s_t_s

Need to listen to that first song again, first spin was not a winner. GENEXUS is one of their best albums, maybe my expectations are too high?
16.04.2021 - 22:31
Brutal Water

Disruptor isn't too bad, but IMO it's nothing special either. Typical FF track. If this had been on Demanufacture, it would have been considered a filler track. I hope the full album has something better to offer. I'm most curious about the song Monolith, because BCB wanted to name the album after it.
----
16.04.2021 - 23:08
IBlackened

Not gonna lie, I kinda like it. I was expecting a lot worse than that.
----
Their old stuff is better.
17.04.2021 - 00:18
skelator

Awful.
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
17.04.2021 - 00:44
qlacs
"The Quaker"
I like it. Sure it's going to be hella different without Burton but there are no saints, and (at least I) haven't heard Dino's side of the story.
----
17.04.2021 - 05:49
Rafael Cevidanes
Account deleted
Really excited that these guys are back. They've been in my playlists since cassette times, when I was...well, just a Brazilian teenager whose younger uncles were friends with someone living in the USA that would visit the country every 1 year at maximum, a much fairer timeline than the 10-year gap of no updates from musical news going on in the world in until the mid-90s.
17.04.2021 - 12:28
s_t_s

Written by IBlackened on 16.04.2021 at 23:08

Indeed as I keep listening to it I like it a lot. It has different vibes than on Genexus though. It reminds me of some former albums but I cannot put a name on it, Archetype maybe?
17.04.2021 - 14:07
theFIST

At least it"s better than Transgression or Digimortal
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
17.04.2021 - 14:14
Demise

Written by Grouch Douglas on 17.04.2021 at 03:21

I guess I'm the only one who noticed that the video above is not the new track "Disruptor" but "Expiration Date" off their last album.

It's the right track now.

Will be odd to have a new album with Burton Bell even though he left. Might be better if the band disbands after the release instead of just finding a new singer. Or get a new singer and a new name.
17.04.2021 - 14:23
Baz Anderson

Kind of reminds of me of Edgecrusher, which is also track 2... if the album is anything like a modern Obsolete I'll be pretty happy.

Fear Factory won't be the same without Burton. They've been though breakups and drama almost their whole run as a band... either they'll sort it all out again in five years or this is the end of Fear Factory.
17.04.2021 - 18:27
Dronewolf12
Account deleted
Burton sounds great, but the song as a whole, I'm not feeling it.
17.04.2021 - 21:15
s_t_s

Written by theFIST on 17.04.2021 at 14:07

At least it"s better than Transgression or Digimortal

Anything would be better than Transgression, their only album I bought and finally threw to the trashcan. Digimortal was fine even though quite different from their usual style. I tend to like their latest albums Mechanize/The Industrialist/Genexus more than their older ones.
17.04.2021 - 22:36
Opethian

Not bad.
18.04.2021 - 09:52
Beurb

Am I the only one that see a cyber-bunny?
18.04.2021 - 11:31
nikarg

Written by Beurb on 18.04.2021 at 09:52

Am I the only one that see a cyber-bunny?

I see it too. Looks like a sex toy from the future for those into bestiality.
18.04.2021 - 22:26
theFIST

Written by s_t_s on 17.04.2021 at 21:15

Anything would be better than Transgression, their only album I bought and finally threw to the trashcan. Digimortal was fine even though quite different from their usual style. I tend to like their latest albums Mechanize/The Industrialist/Genexus more than their older ones.

Mechanize is my favourite too, closely followed by Demanufacture
Digimortal has a bunch of good stuff, but clearly isn"t an album they wanted to make, and suffers from the forced in elements and restrictions
i"d call Industrialist the album that came when they actually did want to make something vaguely Digimortal styled
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
19.04.2021 - 03:49
IBlackened

Written by s_t_s on 17.04.2021 at 12:28

Indeed as I keep listening to it I like it a lot. It has different vibes than on Genexus though. It reminds me of some former albums but I cannot put a name on it, Archetype maybe?

I confess I'm not that familiar with their discography, as I listen mostly to Soul Of A New Machine, but this is more intense than I remember them to be.
----
19.04.2021 - 20:16
s_t_s

Written by IBlackened on 19.04.2021 at 03:49

Written by s_t_s on 17.04.2021 at 12:28

I confess I'm not that familiar with their discography, as I listen mostly to Soul Of A New Machine, but this is more intense than I remember them to be.

Soul Of A New Machine is a raw industrial metal album. It lacks the "polish" and "production" from later releases. Well it was released in 1992 so. I usually don't listen to old stuff so much these days. Even Demanufacture has aged, well this is kinda logic.
20.04.2021 - 01:12
Brutal Water

If you liked Soul Of A New Machine, maybe check out Concrete. Concrete was meant to be their first album, but due to some legal issues it wasn't released until 2002. About half the tracks were re-recorded for SOANM (with two more songs re-recorded as bonus tracks for the digipack edition of Obsolete), but the production and sound quality is different. Concrete didn't have triggers, unlike SOANM, and the audio quality is somewhat "muddy" compared to the crisp sound of the rest of their catalogue.

Skip Concrete if you're not interested in hearing different versions of songs you already know, but IMO it's an interesting curiosity in their discography. Just be aware that it doesn't sound like typical Fear Factory.

However, if you'd rather check out the kind of music they're best known for, I recommend Demanufacture (arguably their best received album) and Mechanize (which came late in their career, after their weakest album no less, and took everybody by surprised with how good it was).
----
20.04.2021 - 04:11
IBlackened

Written by s_t_s on 19.04.2021 at 20:16

Soul Of A New Machine is a raw industrial metal album. It lacks the "polish" and "production" from later releases. Well it was released in 1992 so. I usually don't listen to old stuff so much these days. Even Demanufacture has aged, well this is kinda logic.

One of the things I really like about it (SoaNM) is that it has a lot of death metal riffs and even a little bit of grind here and there. At least that's how they sound to my ears. lol
----
20.04.2021 - 04:13
IBlackened

Written by Brutal Water on 20.04.2021 at 01:12

If you liked Soul Of A New Machine, maybe check out Concrete. Concrete was meant to be their first album, but due to some legal issues it wasn't released until 2002. About half the tracks were re-recorded for SOANM (with two more songs re-recorded as bonus tracks for the digipack edition of Obsolete), but the production and sound quality is different. Concrete didn't have triggers, unlike SOANM, and the audio quality is somewhat "muddy" compared to the crisp sound of the rest of their catalogue.

Skip Concrete if you're not interested in hearing different versions of songs you already know, but IMO it's an interesting curiosity in their discography. Just be aware that it doesn't sound like typical Fear Factory.

However, if you'd rather check out the kind of music they're best known for, I recommend Demanufacture (arguably their best received album) and Mechanize (which came late in their career, after their weakest album no less, and took everybody by surprised with how good it was).

Thank you. I've listened to most of their older albums, but it's been a long time ago and I never checked their new stuff. I'll give them another chance.
----
21.04.2021 - 23:07
s_t_s

Written by Brutal Water on 20.04.2021 at 01:12

Funny I was pretty sure that Concrete was another of their weird tekno remixes albums, guess I made some confusion with Hatefiles, Remanufacture or I dont know what other album.
23.04.2021 - 01:14
Brutal Water

I believe it came out shortly before or after Hatefiles. IIRC the band had just broken up for the first time and Roadrunner Records decided to milk the unreleased and rare stuff. Hence the Concrete demo album and the Hatefiles rarities collection.

Or maybe you confused it with Fear is the Mindkiller, which was the remix EP featuring SOANM album. That one includes remixes of some songs that were on both SOANM and Concrete.
----
14.05.2021 - 02:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
No skin in the game but I respect dropping a Terminator line in a press release.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.05.2021 - 03:41
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Demos were better
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
20.06.2021 - 23:51
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Maco on 14.05.2021 at 03:41

Demos were better

classic meme