Metal Storm logo
Firewind - Singer Takes Time Out Again, Replacement Announced

Firewind mainman Gus G. has just issued the following statement on the band's website:

"Dear all, Here's the latest news and facts. It seems that 2007 has been quite an adventurous year for our singer Apollo. He's currently having some problems back home and needs to take the next few months off. As our touring schedule is quite heavy, we will continue with a replacement and give him the time he needs to get back smoothly.

The German vocalist Henning Basse (Metalium) will step in from now on and complete all the 2007 tourdates with us. Henning has helped us already in the past on some shows on our last European tour with Angra. He really kicks ass on stage and is a great singer and performer, as well as a great guy. We're grateful to have him on board once again and you'll be surprised by how hard this guy rocks!

All our upcoming shows will go on as scheduled and announced - no Firewind shows will be cancelled! See you on the road soon!".

Source: firewind.gr
Band profile: Firewind
Posted: 09.08.2007 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 7 users
09.08.2007 - 20:00
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Awesome! I will see Henning Basse in progpower scandinavia! yeah
09.08.2007 - 21:23
iaberis
Advice Troll
Hm... I hope he'll get back again soon. He's such a great singer and he fits the style of Firewind...
----
Bitch! Please
09.08.2007 - 23:13
Bararey
Winter is Coming
At first i was disappointed not to see him with firewind this year, but then Henning replacing him, now that's great news
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
10.08.2007 - 03:14
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by iaberis on 09.08.2007 at 21:23

Hm... I hope he'll get back again soon. He's such a great singer and he fits the style of Firewind...

The "new" style of Firewind at least. I don't know about the older stuff. But then again, the older stuff feels it has been written in such a way to fit the singers they had. ^^
12.11.2007 - 18:27
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Spyroid on 09.08.2007 at 20:00

Guess Apollo is back...'cause that wasn't Basse singing was it?
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
12.11.2007 - 18:50
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by GT on 12.11.2007 at 18:27

Written by Spyroid on 09.08.2007 at 20:00

Guess Apollo is back...'cause that wasn't Basse singing was it?

Dunno, I missed PP >_<
12.11.2007 - 20:10
GT
Coffee!!
@cradka: to bad for you 'cause it was one hell of a show
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep

Hits total: 3066 | This month: 7