Metal Storm logo
The hardest guitar song in the world

Original post

Posted by NECURATU, 09.08.2007 - 20:45
Well, I feel like I'll be the eternal begginer but anyhow, I'm totally bored about easy songs, easy solos, bla bla...post some killer grinding bastard songs, not necesarilly fast but that require a lot of technique, skill and dedication. I'm fed up with easy stuff, I need a challenge.

I really mean special songs...don't just post some heavy metal song with fast power chords...that doesn't qualify as hard to play. It doesn't have to necesarilly be metal, if you guys agree. Thanks!

edit: I myself prefering to tickle the bass (*silly giggles) and being an ocassional strummer wouldn't mind some bitchey bass recomandations (: So I'll make one myself since I started this topic, for the bass:

Opeth - Advent. I'm not really an Opeth fan, but their songs are mighty good exercises from my point of view. Advent isn't really a very fast or complicated song, but has a lot of intricate thingies that require a lot of attention to sound right. It really helps the fretting hand.
03.02.2009 - 18:48
Elio
Red Nightmare
*caps lock syndrome on* OMG STARWAY TO HEAVEN HAS THE MOST FUCKIN DIFFICULT SOLO EVAR! *caps lock syndrome off*
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
04.02.2009 - 08:07
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Calm down dude, soon enough you will learn the solo of Downfall (Children of Bodom) and you will feel very confident, lol ,,/ ,,/
13.02.2009 - 13:00
siavash_eddie
I think Hanger 18 is really really really really HARD
----
Support Music Not Rumors
13.02.2009 - 13:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
It must be "Through The Fire And The Flames" by DragonForce...see that Danny Johnson made a world record in Guitar Hero III playing exactly this song

it is so hard, that even DragonForce themselves are unable to play it...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

13.02.2009 - 15:12
ylside
staff
I see no one mentioned Ron Thal's "Guitar sucks" !

That's really the most difficult song I have ran into...
13.02.2009 - 20:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Elio on 03.02.2009 at 18:48

*caps lock syndrome on* OMG STARWAY TO HEAVEN HAS THE MOST FUCKIN DIFFICULT SOLO EVAR! *caps lock syndrome off*

lol that was a troll-reply even people who don't play guitar should disagree with you!
13.02.2009 - 20:41
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Valentin B on 13.02.2009 at 20:36

lol that was a troll-reply even people who don't play guitar should disagree with you!

Infact I don't play guitar
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
13.02.2009 - 22:30
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Elio on 13.02.2009 at 20:41

Written by Valentin B on 13.02.2009 at 20:36

Infact I don't play guitar

No way my friend.. What you've seen in that song's guitar solo?
Let say the solo is alright and the song is a masterpiece, but it's not the hardest song to play for sure.. At least it seems it's not.. Because I never played electric guitar..
13.02.2009 - 22:36
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Hamird on 13.02.2009 at 22:30

No way my friend.. What you've seen in that song's guitar solo?
Let say the solo is alright and the song is a masterpiece, but it's not the hardest song to play for sure.. At least it seems it's not.. Because I never played electric guitar..

I was sarcastic my friend To all those people who really think this song is hard
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.06.2009 - 23:43
Got Mayhem?
Well I think it kinda goes without saying that anything by MAB, Buckethead, Satriani, Gilbert, etc is going to be just plain insane.
----
14.06.2009 - 16:51
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I am not a guitar player but i guess that here belong most morbid angel's songs...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
16.07.2009 - 21:06
Ankläger
Anything from Gorguts' Obscura or From Wisdom To Hate, or Necrophagist, for technical difficulty.
But for feel I would say some Hendrix (Red House, obviously, Hey Joe, Purple Haze) or Led Zeppelin (No Quarter, Black Mountain Side; Stairway is easy to play physically, but to capture the right emotion is very difficult).
17.07.2009 - 14:05
Smurfophagist
Necrophagist. on all instruments. /lock thread
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
20.07.2009 - 06:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't play, but I'd like to see someone here play an Origin song
20.07.2009 - 10:14
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
"You've Gotta Move" by the Stones. hands down.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
20.07.2009 - 20:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by siavash_eddie on 13.02.2009 at 13:00

I think Hanger 18 is really really really really HARD

Not really except for the solos. The rhythm parts can be nailed with a bit of practise.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.07.2009 - 15:16
siavash_eddie
Yeah i mean solos
but 99% of the song is solo!!
----
Support Music Not Rumors
01.08.2009 - 02:39
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
The intro to Heart's Crazy on You, amazing. And for the bass, they Rancid's Maxwell Murders with the solo that should be a challenge for anyone.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
14.12.2013 - 02:35
Góral
Combo Breaker
Akercocke - Enraptured by Evil. A great right hand wrist training only for the brave
14.12.2013 - 08:09
A friend of mine, who studied Classical Guitar, has gone on record stating that this particular song on Classical is considered to be the most difficult piece to ever play on Guitar. Enjoy! It's called Koyunbaba.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCt4UFS622c

Hopefully your question isn't just limited to Metal, though. If so, my bad.

Also, this is what he told me, not him. So I can't really refute any arguments in favor of a piece that is more difficult to play (I play Drums and Bass; I suck at guitar).
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
15.12.2013 - 16:33
ANGEL REAPER
In my expirience the hardest guitar song is one that you like the most ...allways...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
17.12.2013 - 23:09
Doge of Venice
I'd imagine Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater would be very, very challenging.

As to the most difficult song? Ideally you'd be looking for a song with a mixture of extreme speed, technicality and duration.
18.12.2013 - 00:31
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
01.01.2014 - 18:54
Apart from Technical shit, and pointless technical only riffing/soloing, If you wanna build muscles and/or get your right hand injured, I'd recommend a very challenging song :
Kreator - Love Us or Hate Us
22.01.2014 - 17:09
Kirg
Cacophony - Concerto, which is basically Marty Friedman and Jason Becker's double solo.
15.09.2014 - 08:21
Deathmaster
Dude Anything by Dillinger Escape plan is pretty Insane. Also Dying Fetus. Anything by Nile.
----
"While I live let me live deep."-Robert Howard
06.10.2014 - 23:02
Panterica
I'd like to see someone nailing BTBAM's Augment of Rebirth or Protest the Hero's Spoils.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
20.10.2014 - 10:49
Windrider
Raureif
In metal pretty much everything in the technical departement. Aside from metal I'd say Buckethead.