Metal Storm logo
Sarpanitum

09.08.2007 - 22:09
Infurnace
Sarpanitum, a Brutal Death Metal band from The United Kingdom. They are still a pretty young band, and only have one release called "Despoilment Of Origin". I must say these guys have really impressed me with their debut. Their play in the vain of Hate Eternal and Nile. It is some really good stuff. You should all check it out. And for the people who already know this band: what do you think of them?
10.08.2007 - 00:45
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Yeah.. that album was a good one. I went to France, and for a month, I just had a few albums on my MP3 player. Despoilment Of Origin was one of them. I don't have much to say about them though... I'm just waiting for the next release. Thank you Barry .
10.08.2007 - 01:31
Infurnace
They are one of the best bands I've discovered lately. Some fantastic new, fresh Brutal Death Metal. I haven't heard something like this in a while.
15.08.2007 - 18:45
Olli
Wow.. just checked out their myspace, wasn't expecting much, but it was pretty damn good! I love both of the songs on their myspace and I'm definetly going to get Despoilment Of Orgin now.
http://www.myspace.com/Sarpanitum
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
15.08.2007 - 19:28
Infurnace
Check out "Seducing The Phallus Throne". That song is absolutely amazing.
15.08.2007 - 20:21
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Good band. Another great UKDM band is Detrimentum. Get their EP. Similar to Sarpanitum but even heavier and a more atmospheric approach. Totally crushing, overwhelming sound.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
02.10.2007 - 15:33
orphy
The full length is one of the most crushing releases this year. A friend of mine and myself really aren't into a lot of modern death metal bands these days, but we both agree that Sarpanitum has something original about them. They have a lot of Axis of Advance-esque parts, as well as some very Immolation like riffs too. I think it's a really good combination and their songs are pretty memorable. Not to mention they have a mammoth of a sound.
----
-orphy
03.10.2007 - 00:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I agree with everything that has been said so far. Despoilment of Origin is in my top five for this year! It's like Immolation, but an even stronger kick in the nads.
03.10.2007 - 02:33
Sunioj
Definetly in the top five. Immolations newest album isn't all that great tbh, the sound is also monumentous. I mean, play this on a good system and you feel the bass drum beating on your chest. Also the songs are well structured without loosing momentum. Every instrument is queued perfect the way it is, pretty much. I like the atmosphere too created by the unrelenting grinding.