Metal Storm logo
Communic

09.08.2007 - 23:24
Infurnace

I found out about this band a while ago. I was really impressed by their two releases. They sometimes make me think of Nevermore, which is a really positive thing, IMO. I've seen their performance on Wacken, and it was fantastic. I'm pretty much starting to like this band. What do you all think about them?
11.08.2007 - 18:57
Storchillarn

Waves of Visual Decay is close to brilliant. Really great album with cool guitar-work and the vocals are cool and different. I do though think that they could shorten a lot of the songs a bit. That would help them a lot IMO.
13.08.2007 - 04:28
MetalSpider

Yeah I am reminded of Nevermore on some songs...mainly from their first album. The vocalist sometimes also sounds like Warrel.

Written by Storchillarn on 11.08.2007 at 18:57

Waves of Visual Decay is close to brilliant. Really great album with cool guitar-work and the vocals are cool and different. I do though think that they could shorten a lot of the songs a bit. That would help them a lot IMO.

Agreed except for the shorter songs part...I think the length of their songs are just fine.

Waves of Visual Decay is a great album, with unique (and very good) vocals. Cant wait to hear their next album.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
13.08.2007 - 08:51
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Their second album didnt match the first for me, yet still a great release, when i first heard the debut album when it was released i was blown away, especially by the last two songs. They are inspired by Nevermore, but have a more progressive touch.
13.08.2007 - 13:29
Eternal Flames

I agree with Dark Cornatus. Their first album, Conspiracy in Mind, was brilliant. It was original, innovative, complex and full of energy. Personally, it is one of my favourite prog albums. The songs were long but not to the point where they got boring. They were very diverse. While Waves of Visual Decay is pretty good, it just did not stand out as much as the first.

As for the band on a broad level, they're very talented musicians. With only two full releases under their belt so far, I think they've got plenty of opportunities ahead of them to advance and try get some more attention around the metal scene.
14.08.2007 - 01:10
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I wrote a review for them, right here: http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=4544
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.09.2007 - 09:22
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Ah yes another great progressive metal band from Norway! They sure have given us some great ones (Conception, Ark, Pagan's Mind, Wind, Arcturus). These guys are excellent, Conspiracy in mind is a great album almost completely flawless (no such thing as a perfect album except for maybe awaken the guardian haha). Silence Surrounds is a great epic!
23.09.2007 - 11:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 14.08.2007 at 01:10

I wrote a review for them, right here: http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=4544

I listen them and i dont like them
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.09.2007 - 03:46
Bitch Boy

Just right now I'm listening "Waves of visual decay". What a good album, this band has a really cool sound
15.11.2007 - 07:03
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
These guys are definately one of my favorite bands of the last few years. Waves of Visual Decay has alot of hooks in the music to keep you interested. The riffing are heavy and brilliant. And i the singer has quite a good voice to go with that.

Im listening to Frozen Asleep in the Park
18.11.2007 - 17:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I love them. I think that they can be big in the future. People are already noticing their potential. I actually think I prefered Conspiracy In Mind, it all sounded so well and its heavy. Of course you think about nevermore but after a while you forget that.

Keep up the good work guys.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.09.2015 - 14:55
R-Boxma
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 23.09.2007 at 11:08

I've been physically trying to like this band..

Searching for more progressive metal I come across this Communic where it seems everyone likes it best, there are many fans and good album reviews, what the heck is wrong with me!? I've listened to the first three albums over and over trying to find what is the fuss about but every time I listen to it I get bored. The singing is slow and submissive, the music isn't bad but it all sounds like the same song, same structures, same tempo (drummer's point of view perhaps). I don't even hear much in the way of "progressive metal" here. To me the genre is Depressive-Heavy Metal. Can anyone direct me to the most progressive track by Communic?
22.09.2015 - 15:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 22.09.2015 at 14:55

Written by Bad English on 23.09.2007 at 11:08

Searching for more progressive metal I come across this Communic where it seems everyone likes it best, there are many fans and good album reviews, what the heck is wrong with me!? I've listened to the first three albums over and over trying to find what is the fuss about but every time I listen to it I get bored. The singing is slow and submissive, the music isn't bad but it all sounds like the same song, same structures, same tempo (drummer's point of view perhaps). I don't even hear much in the way of "progressive metal" here. To me the genre is Depressive-Heavy Metal. Can anyone direct me to the most progressive track by Communic?

I posted it in 2007 lol I even don't remember this band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.10.2015 - 13:09
fandango68

I think if you can't get into either of the first two albums, you should give up, as the title track 'Waves of Visual Decay' is possibly them at their most progressive. I think they've been a bit 'law of diminishing returns' insofar as the third album is not quite up to the first two and the fourth is the least varied.
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..
16.11.2015 - 10:04
angel_heart

I think the issue is that they are not typical progressive, I hear a lot of doomish influences there and it's a weird mix of genres. That's exactly why I like them, every description of them would fall along the lines of "they're x, but not quite x". There's a moody burdening vibe in their songs, but not repetitive or slow enough to bore me, they're progressive enough to be interesting, but not progressive enough to be over-technical and focus on the musicians' virtuosity instead of the emotion...they're just so incredibly interesting and fascinating.
19.11.2015 - 15:34
R-Boxma
Account deleted
Written by angel_heart on 16.11.2015 at 10:04

I think the issue is that they are not typical progressive, I hear a lot of doomish influences there and it's a weird mix of genres. That's exactly why I like them, every description of them would fall along the lines of "they're x, but not quite x". There's a moody burdening vibe in their songs, but not repetitive or slow enough to bore me, they're progressive enough to be interesting, but not progressive enough to be over-technical and focus on the musicians' virtuosity instead of the emotion...they're just so incredibly interesting and fascinating.

Fair enough these are good statements I guess Communic is not quite my style I suppose I appreciate their focus on the mood they're trying to represent rather than the ambition to demonstrate their full potential like other progressive bands. Thanks