Metal Storm logo
Best Hammerfall Album

Original post

Posted by Infurnace, 10.08.2007 - 00:21
Hammerfall, one of the biggest Power Metal bands hailing from Sweden. So, my question is, which of the albums they released do you think is the best? My vote goes "Glory To The Brave", because of the title track. It's IMO the best song Hammerfall has ever made. Most of the songs on the record are classics. Well now, let's vote.

Poll

Which of the albums do you think is the best?

Crimson Thunder
Legacy Of Kings
Glory To The Brave
Renegade
Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken
Threshold

Total votes: 94
04.09.2008 - 02:00
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
i second that, glory to the brave is a damn good album, and im not even that much of a hammerfall fan.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
05.09.2008 - 06:31
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by IllNiñoSweden on 12.02.2008 at 17:09

All albums suck. Because I don´t like the singers voice and the drums are not OK. Only the guitars are OK.

Too much power metal for me.

dude you listen to fvcking NU-METAL!!!

maybe if the singer rapped or did AWFUL-styled shouting like Ill-Nino or Twizted Method you'd like it.

so of course you won't like actual/genuine metal music!!
stick to your MTV shit.

*sigh*
05.09.2008 - 17:39
juanopereira

I love Renegade!! All the songs are great!
05.09.2008 - 19:37
-Soulreaper-

Written by Guest on 05.09.2008 at 06:31

All albums suck. Because I don´t like the singers voice and the drums are not OK. Only the guitars are OK.

maybe if the singer rapped or did AWFUL-styled shouting like Ill-Nino or Twizted Method you'd like it.

stick to your MTV shit.

*sigh*

I second that motion. Hammerfall is brilliant and a great power metal band.
07.09.2008 - 20:39
IllNiñoSweden

Written by Guest on 05.09.2008 at 06:31

stick to your MTV shit.

*sigh*

What!?!?!?!? I hate MTV!!
And I still hate power-metal and I still like NU-metal.
24.07.2009 - 09:27
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I went for Crimson Thunder...mainly because of Hero's Return, possibly the best song by them i know
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.07.2009 - 11:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 24.07.2009 at 09:27

I went for Crimson Thunder...mainly because of Hero's Return, possibly the best song by them i know

Best song is Renegade and Blood Bound IMO but albums I lhave CRimson Thunder, but If I remeber correct eraly was more better it was more HM not PM
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.07.2009 - 13:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Nice songs, but still like the intro to Hero's Return the most
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.07.2009 - 15:18
Jan Destiny

Legacy Of Kings for me and maybe Renegade the second!
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
27.07.2009 - 17:01
HellHammer
Account deleted
Glory To The Brave for me, maybe the second would be Crimson Thunder. I don't get tired of listening to Glory To The Brave album, it's catchy songs will play in your head long after your done listening to it.
15.09.2009 - 16:32
Angel Of Mercy

Glory To The Brave for me as well. I just think it's a Power Metal masterpiece. A close second for me would have to be Legacy of kings or Renegade.

All there albums are amazing though.
----
Your time will come.
07.10.2009 - 03:13
BuzzPhil

I personally think that Legacy Of Kings is their best album. All those songs are more than awesome!!
07.10.2009 - 03:29
ToMegaTherion

I really enjoy Renegade, it is a very good album if in many way unspectacular. Their early albums I have much less knowledge of though.
24.11.2009 - 10:54
Angel Of Mercy

Renegade is an awesome album.

With my last post, it's totally changed since then

My second is "Crimson Thunder"
----
Your time will come.
25.11.2009 - 01:14
IronAngel

Legacy of Kings is cool. Glory to the Brave as well, though I think the former is more refined. Renegade got repetitive, and Crimson Thunder was just downhill.
29.11.2009 - 15:19
Tryggve

Glory to the Brave, without a doubt. Chances are I wouldn´t listen to metal if it wasn´t for that very CD. Awesome songs, too. Legacy of Kings comes in as a close second choice for pretty much the same reason.
Still have a very vivid memory of when I first heard Legacy of Kings. We listened to "At the End of the Rainbow" while driving through a thick snowstorm on a highway. That leaves a mark if you´re ten or eleven at the time.
----
[cult of self-esteem]..leads to a nation without great men, a nation mainly of subliterates, full of the cocksureness which flattery breeds on ignorance, and quick to snarl or whimper at the first sign of criticism.

- C.S Lewis
05.06.2012 - 11:27
Infernal Eternal

Their first 4 are awesome but the later stuff sucks, especially their latest album.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
06.06.2012 - 23:56
nicaZe
Savatage
My all time favorite is Crimson Thunder, but on CT is my worts Hammerfall song...