Metal Storm logo
Best Hammerfall Album

Poll

Which of the albums do you think is the best?

Crimson Thunder
Legacy Of Kings
Glory To The Brave
Renegade
Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken
Threshold

Total votes: 94
10.08.2007 - 00:21
Infurnace
Hammerfall, one of the biggest Power Metal bands hailing from Sweden. So, my question is, which of the albums they released do you think is the best? My vote goes "Glory To The Brave", because of the title track. It's IMO the best song Hammerfall has ever made. Most of the songs on the record are classics. Well now, let's vote.
10.08.2007 - 00:23
Infurnace
Woops, I placed it in the wrong forum. Sorry about that.
10.08.2007 - 00:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Wrong forum mate
I woud say Glory of The Brave because its more heavy metal how power metal lil Iron Maidnish style of music and I like it
Alos Legacy of Kings are more ehavy metal, but then its more power, but I like ewery album of band, but I gonna vote for ''Crimson Thunder'' because I had it, but I had hear all
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.08.2007 - 14:07
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
I also like all their albums but i vote for Glory To The Brave, because of the songs like Steel Meets Steel, The Metal Age and Glory To The Brave
10.08.2007 - 15:59
Lupas
Maximus
The first five albums are great but i have vote to Chapter V . Their last album Threshold is not as the others .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
10.08.2007 - 19:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lupas on 10.08.2007 at 15:59

The first five albums are great but i have vote to Chapter V . Their last album Threshold is not as the others .

I would say first 2 isnlt like others
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.08.2007 - 23:31
SETHULHU
yogi_lb@hotmail.com
elite
moved tot he right forum
----
This site is great. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

reBubblefuckered !!!BAAAALEEETEEED!!!
11.08.2007 - 00:25
Endoftherainbow
I voted for Legacy of Kings because it has all of my favorite songs by Hammerfall and there isn't a single weak song on the entire album I even have my screen name on here named after one of the songs from it. However I probably haven't heard anything from this band since the Chapter V came out.
11.08.2007 - 02:28
Eternal Flames
Legacy of Kings was also my favourite. All the songs on the album were really good and it seemed generally faster than their debut. While I really loved Glory To The Brave also, Legacy of Kings, with the addition of Stefan Elmgren on guitar, appealed to me so much more.

Chapter V and Threshold I found to be quite boring albums. Both had a few good songs, but overall none that were as memorable as anything off Hammerfall's earlier releases.
11.08.2007 - 03:38
In Chaos
Renegade is my favorite, the album has so many of my favorite Hammerfall songs like Templars of steel, way of the warrior and renegade. the earlier albums is also good but it seems that I like Renegade better.
But I have only heard a few songs from Crimson Thunder, but from what I have heard I think that Crimson thunder is better than Renegade. but I will not vote on an album i haven't listened to.
11.08.2007 - 15:56
Infurnace
Written by SETHULHU on 10.08.2007 at 23:31

moved tot he right forum

Thanks for moving the thread!
16.08.2007 - 19:36
Imraghil
absolutely threshold, what a great album is that. With the best song Rebel inside Rebel for life! teh other albums are great to, but threshold are more my tast
17.08.2007 - 16:57
APOHAKC
The Bard
Voted for Renegade. Yes, I know it is a little strange, but that is my first HammerFall album, and I remember how I was impressed with Templars of Steel as opening song, and every song was fantastic. I love first two album much, especially Glory to The Brave. Crymson Thunder was big disappointments for me when it was released, but now, I like that album too much, t seams back then I expected something different. Chapter IV Unbent, Unbound... Unbroken was fantastic, much weaker than other albums, but I like it that way, it was very pleasant to listen to it, and finally, I hate the last one, two songs are quite ok, and the others are pointless, I will listen to Renegade and Glory to The Brave until new album, and who knows, maybe I will like it in 4-5 years from now.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
18.08.2007 - 20:23
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I vote Crimson Thunder . Not only is it the album that recruited me into the fan base, not only is it the first album ov theirs I ever bought.......But man, It's so awesome! The songs, the band have really outdone themselves . The vocals are at its peak also.
22.08.2007 - 15:57
Hyvaarin
Legacy of Kings, simply because of the badass drum intro/opening riff. Best moment in Hammerfall's entire catalogue, no contest.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
27.08.2007 - 02:25
Ellie
Account deleted
Definitely Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken. Every song on that album has so much power and will. Blood Bound; the first song on the album just grabs the listener and always makes them want more. Anyways Hammerfall is great regardless.
23.09.2007 - 15:21
Infurnace
Written by Guest on 27.08.2007 at 02:25

Definitely Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken. Every song on that album has so much power and will. Blood Bound; the first song on the album just grabs the listener and always makes them want more. Anyways Hammerfall is great regardless.

Yeah, I agree. Blood Bound is a really catchy song, and it grabbed me right from the very beginning.
23.09.2007 - 20:30
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Infurnace on 23.09.2007 at 15:21

Written by Guest on 27.08.2007 at 02:25

Yeah, I agree. Blood Bound is a really catchy song, and it grabbed me right from the very beginning.

Ya it totally is! Makes me wanna just go run in a forest or something..well something epic for sure
23.09.2007 - 21:05
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Crimson Thunder for me... One of the first metal albums I listened to... And first of HammerFall... Although I havent heard the last, I kinda lost interest in HF, though its a good band.....
----
02.02.2008 - 06:45
selken
Irreligious
I'd say Glory to the Brave, their first album, the idea of heavy power brought from these dudes look very well at the time, but their consequent releases are extremely cheesy and just a photocopy of this one, actually I never managed to listen entirely any other Hammerfall album cause they got me bored by the 5th or 6th track.
----
02.02.2008 - 15:14
Son of Odin
The three first albums are the best, hard choice but I voted for Legacy of kings.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
02.02.2008 - 16:43
Abattoir
staff
Glory to the Brave for me. Although, the others are quite good too...
03.02.2008 - 09:38
FOOCK Nam
I wont vote, 'cause I love all stuff of HammerFall, btw this band is very special for me.
05.02.2008 - 20:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
for me it's a battle between their first 4, the last two weren't as good. i'll choose Renegade because it has the best ballad, Always will Be, and some of the better songs: Renegade, The Champion and Destined for Glory, though their best song imho is still Hearts on Fire
07.02.2008 - 22:15
Lothroniell
Account deleted
It was hard to decide! Legacy Of Kings, Crimson Thunder and Glory To the Brave are best HF albums (for me), but I vote for Crimson Thunder because of songs Heroe's return and On The Edge Of Honour...
12.02.2008 - 17:09
IllNiñoSweden
All albums suck. Because I don´t like the singers voice and the drums are not OK. Only the guitars are OK.

Too much power metal for me.
06.04.2008 - 13:02
eximius
Written by IllNiñoSweden on 12.02.2008 at 17:09

All albums sucks. Because I don´t like the singers voice and the drums are not OK. Only the guitars are OK.

Too much power metal for me.

It's "all albums suck" ... but you can not say a band sucks only if you don't like it. I don't like a lot of black metal bands and still I respect others for listening and enjoying them..

I put my vote for Crimson Thunder but Glory to the Brave is better
03.09.2008 - 19:19
-Soulreaper-
Crimson Thunder all the way.
04.09.2008 - 00:21
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Yup.. Crimson Thunder indeed. Hearts on fire, hearts on fire!!
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
04.09.2008 - 01:45
thesabbathfan
glory to the brave by far one of the best power metal albums ever released.
----