Metal Storm logo
Hammerfall

Original post

Posted by Infurnace, 10.08.2007 - 00:27
I'm pretty amazed, because there wasn't any thread about Hammerfall before this one. Anyways, Hammerfall is a Power Metal band from Sweden. They have released quite some albums now and they will release a new compilation cd, this year. I re-discovered them lately. I used to like them very much, but I forgot about them for a while. As I said before, I re-discovered them, and I wanted to make a thread about them, because I'd like to know what you guys think.
31.12.2015 - 22:06
bj_waters

Glory of the Brave was huge when it first landed, but I myself didn't come around to Hammerfall (and metal in general) until 2006, so listening back through, it does seem a little bit inferior to follow ups like Legacy of Kings or Crimson Thunder. That being said, it still has some decent stuff on it (IMO).
16.01.2016 - 16:24
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Written by bj_waters on 31.12.2015 at 22:06

Glory of the Brave was huge when it first landed, but I myself didn't come around to Hammerfall (and metal in general) until 2006, so listening back through, it does seem a little bit inferior to follow ups like Legacy of Kings or Crimson Thunder. That being said, it still has some decent stuff on it (IMO).

I wouldn't call it inferior. I think it has some of their best melodies. The lyrics are probably their most childish on that album, but it's still a pretty amazing debut.
16.01.2016 - 22:10
bj_waters

Written by Belegûr on 16.01.2016 at 16:24

I wouldn't call it inferior. I think it has some of their best melodies. The lyrics are probably their most childish on that album, but it's still a pretty amazing debut.

I'm sorry. I never meant to imply that their first album is bad, just that I think Legacy and Crimson are better (thus "a little bit inferior"). Ii don't think it's the lyrics so much as the songwriting isn't quite as together as on the later albums, but that's just me.
16.01.2016 - 22:23
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Written by bj_waters on 16.01.2016 at 22:10

I'm sorry. I never meant to imply that their first album is bad, just that I think Legacy and Crimson are better (thus "a little bit inferior"). Ii don't think it's the lyrics so much as the songwriting isn't quite as together as on the later albums, but that's just me.

No need to be sorry

Yeah I probably agree with that. I like Glory, but the next couple of albums are definitely stronger in my opinion. Joacim is also better on vocals on Legacy and Crimson.
16.01.2016 - 22:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

debut is different, I like lyrics, but I think album has bad production, quality is not best
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.06.2016 - 14:17
Fulcrum

Interesting, I've always considered Glory to the brave as their best ever album.
07.01.2018 - 05:59
Hammerfall are a band that I love, at least I love the good tracks. I always find their stuff has a couple of good/great tracks per album and tons of filler. Which is a shame,

when's the next album out?
12.04.2018 - 01:45
As a kid I used to listen to these guys a lot along with DragonForce and Symphony X. Those used to be my favorite bands before I got into the prog scene and started making my own prog.
16.10.2020 - 15:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Joakim Cans I think is from Dalarna, he will support Mora hockey club. in Sweden teams cant survive whit out ticket sails . now only 500 people can attent sport events. Rest is TV and sponsor money, so teams are suffer. Mora is not in best sutiation since they have derby Leksands and boat are top teams from Dalarna. Leksands get more money.
To me Joakim chose wrong team
You can read more about his idea in swedish newspaper

https://hockeysverige.se/2020/10/15/rockstjarnan-ska-radda-krisande-klubben
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing