Metal Storm logo
SAATTUE sign with SPIKEFARM RECORDS

12.08.2007 - 10:37
wolfborn

Saattue press release:

Finnish saattometal band Saattue has signed a record contract with Spikefarm Records. Their debut album, which includes seven doomy tracks, will be completed during September at D-Studios, in Klaukkala, Finland.

Saattue - meaning procession in Finnish - started their journey in 2001. The band released their first self-financed EP "Kivisydän" in 2004 and its follow up EP release "Ikiuneen" in 2006.

In their music Saattue combine their native language Finnish to dark, raw and emotional musical elements. Saattue's roots are deeply in doom metal and other extreme metal genres, but they've also gathered influences from dark rock groups such as the Finnish cult rock act Mana Mana.

Typical trademarks of the Saattue-sound are oppressive heaviness, rawness, atmospheric passages and ear-catching chorus melodies.

Saattue's debut album "Jäähyvästi" will be released in early 2008 by Spikefarm Records.

www.myspace.com/saattue
----
www.myspace.com/deathstyler
12.08.2007 - 13:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Uhh, cool. I know one song of them, and I liked it. But isn't it weird to post that here, instead of submitting it as news?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.08.2007 - 17:10
wolfborn

Yeah! Well, Saattue is not a featured band here at metalstorm yet. So, can't submit news at this moment.
----
www.myspace.com/deathstyler
12.08.2007 - 17:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Ah, I didn't think of that. Stupid of me.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.06.2008 - 19:09
FOOCK Nam

I own their 2008 - Jaahyvasti, very good album. Their style is very original and unique with 2 vocal styles. Im interested in dark rock from Finland since witness Saattue.

I hope Saattue someday play music in English, with their music and if English lyric, it could be flawless.