Metal Storm logo
Darkane - Vocalist Quits

Darkane vocalist Andreas Sydow has decided to leave the band and issued his official statement on the Darkane website:

"The time has come, my friends for me to step down from my position as vocalist of the greatest band in the world!

I feel I've reached a stand still in the creative process with Darkane and together we came to the decision to let fresh blood into the band for the upcoming fifth album. Darkane is constantly evolving and I'm sure that this ignition will be great for the band.

We certainly part ways as very good friends and we're in fact still working together on finishing the long awaited DVD. Hopefully the Darkane "Layers of Live" DVD will be released this autumn and, in a way, sum up my 7 years with Darkane and be the perfect closure.

I feel very honoured and privileged to have been a part of such a great musicianship as Darkane and I have tons of great memories from all we've experienced together. I'm really gonna miss it!

I want to send out a great big thanks to all the people I've met and gotten to know over these 7 years! To all family and friends for supporting me and the band. To all the great bands we've met, played and toured with, especially to Devin Townsend (I wouldn't have made it through the U.S. without you!). To all the crew that has helped us out over the years. To Erin Lynch for believing in us and coping with all our bad habits, misshapes, accidents and illnesses (You sure are the Darkane tour mama!). To the Nuclear Blast crew, in Europe as well as in the USA (Thanks for helping me fulfil one of my biggest dreams, Gerardo! Keep working those vocals, Loana, and keep your enthusiasm flowing!). To all the fanzine's that spread the word about Metal all over the world. Your work is extremely important and appreciated! And finally a HUGE thanks to all the fans all over the world for coming to the shows and supporting Darkane! You are my, and Darkane's, true inspiration!"

Source: darkane.com
Band profile: Darkane
Posted: 12.08.2007 by pyroleprechaun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 12 users
12.08.2007 - 11:56
AncientOrigins

Damn, the last piece of originality in this band is gone.
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
12.08.2007 - 12:12
Deadsoulman

Ah well, too bad, I really liked his vocal style. Hope they find another good one...
12.08.2007 - 13:56
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Indeed, his vocals were great and original... too bad!
I haven't the hope for a replacement as good as Andreas...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
12.08.2007 - 15:24
BEaNie
Account deleted
Damn I'm really sorry to hear this

Andreas had such an excellent voice, is very unique
12.08.2007 - 19:34
WarriorOfMetal

how awesome would it be if they got Lawrence Mackrory back?
12.08.2007 - 23:35
Infurnace

Hmm.. that some bad news. He was a really original vocalist with his own style.
13.08.2007 - 00:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
He's always been their weakest link. Hopefully they can get a clean shouter that will give them more energy.
13.08.2007 - 11:08
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Sad news. He was an original vocalist in an original band playing original music, in brief unique. Good luck for the newcomer....
13.08.2007 - 19:18
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Shit, this is like the fourth lineup change in bands playing at Scandinavian ProgPower. The drummers of Eldritch and Orphaned Land, the singer in Firewind and now Andreas. This is really sad, I hope they get a worthy substitute.
13.08.2007 - 22:49
WarriorOfMetal

Written by Spyroid on 13.08.2007 at 19:18

Shit, this is like the fourth lineup change in bands playing at Scandinavian ProgPower. The drummers of Eldritch and Orphaned Land, the singer in Firewind and now Andreas. This is really sad, I hope they get a worthy substitute.

PPUSA is having similar lineup things happening.....Threshold's singer, Sonata Arctica's guitarist, and Firewind's singer
14.08.2007 - 02:05
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yep, I heard about this earlier today. Frankly, he was my least favorite member anyway, hopefully they find someone with a better edge to their voice.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
14.08.2007 - 13:45
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by WarriorOfMetal on 13.08.2007 at 22:49

PPUSA is having similar lineup things happening.....Threshold's singer, Sonata Arctica's guitarist, and Firewind's singer

Yeah, Threshold are playing at ProgPower Scandinavia aswell. But I don't mind that - Damian Wilson is one of my favourite singers!
16.08.2007 - 18:19
Darkside Momo
Retired
Really bad news ! Once source of the band's originality is gone...

And Lawrence MAckrory back... Well... I'd rather see him 100% with Scarve.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
16.08.2007 - 19:17
WarriorOfMetal

Written by Spyroid on 14.08.2007 at 13:45

Yeah, Threshold are playing at ProgPower Scandinavia aswell. But I don't mind that - Damian Wilson is one of my favourite singers!

i don't think i've ever heard damian before....haven't heard any threshold that old, i know that much.
16.08.2007 - 20:51
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by WarriorOfMetal on 16.08.2007 at 19:17

Written by Spyroid on 14.08.2007 at 13:45

i don't think i've ever heard damian before....haven't heard any threshold that old, i know that much.

I almost haven't heard him in Threshold either, but I love him in Ayreon ;P

Hits total: 2576 | This month: 2