Metal Storm logo
Ministry - Frontman Plots Final Album

Ministry's days are numbered, according to group leader Al Jourgensen.

Jourgensen, who has led the group and its numerous side projects since 1981, says that after Ministry finishes its current MasterBaTour, he plans to go right back into the studio for what he says will be "the last Ministry album." And, he promises, this is no cheap ploy to get attention for the band.

"I've got other things to do," Jourgensen explains. "I just started a label (13th Planet Records), and I want to sign some bands and really build it up like I did with WaxTrax in the '80s, not just a vanity label. I think it's time -- and I'll be leaving on the top of my game instead of hanging on too long and doing crappy Aerosmith and Rolling Stones albums 30 years later."

"The next one's going to be called 'The Last Sucker,' and it's also about this corrupt administration. That seems to be my muse; everyone seems to think I write real shitty music when a Democrat's in office. So we'll do that one, and then me and George Bush go riding off hand-in-hand, into the sunset."

Source: thegauntlet.com
Band profile: Ministry
Posted: 29.05.2006 by __Az__

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 1 user
30.05.2006 - 08:09
MasterOfMuppets
Account deleted
Too bad, I really liked their music...
17.06.2006 - 13:34
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Wasn't their last one called Rio Grande Blood? Or is 'The Last Sucker' after that one..?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.06.2007 - 06:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Oh man, this is so horrible...I LOVE Ministry's music so much and thought that Houses Of The Mole was fantastic...I love all their albums and have seen them a few times...they will sadly be missed by me and many others...

Hits total: 2090 | This month: 5