Metal Storm logo
Hawkwind

13.08.2007 - 22:13
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Hawkwind!! The old '70's band whom Motorhead's Lemmy Kilminster used to play bass and do occasional vocals for! Who likes them? I personally think they kick ass!
15.08.2007 - 23:08
Pinusar
Account deleted
I'd like to listen to more of their stuff. I saw a few videos of them, Lemmy was singing, there, I really liked it. It was excellent! Space rock sound
16.08.2007 - 00:43
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.08.2007 at 23:08

I'd like to listen to more of their stuff. I saw a few videos of them, Lemmy was singing, there, I really liked it. It was excellent! Space rock sound

Were you watching the VH1 Documentary for Motorhead's Ace Of Spades album? bcuz the Hawkwind clips from that was what made me wann check them out.

I still don't know what the hell space rock is
16.08.2007 - 14:44
Judas
The Amputator
I have 'Warrior on the Edge of Time', which was their last album with Lemmy, and incidentally featuring the song 'Motorhead'. I was given it by a friend last year, and I must say that when I'm in the mood for this sort of thing, I really love it! But it's not an everyday listen for me.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
17.08.2007 - 01:43
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Judas: ah yes, from what I've heard, that album is a major hilight in their career.

Keep the comments coming people !
17.08.2007 - 12:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Thay stuff are rear man werry rear but me to I woud love to get t-shirt of them
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.08.2007 - 17:15
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Bad English on 17.08.2007 at 12:00

Thay stuff are rear man werry rear but me to I woud love to get t-shirt of them

Actually, I don't think they're as rare as people think. In England I know for a fact that most major stores stock a few albums at the least, so if you can't get stuff where you are just order it off the website of an English outlet. I think finding a T-shirt would be rather fortuitous though.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
17.08.2007 - 18:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Judas well I had try search about them but still its rear info and sites about band, for exampel Led Zep has much more thinks in i-net and so on
----

apos;'
[image]
24.08.2007 - 22:55
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Well yeah, surely they can't be that rare, the songs were so easy to download lol.
28.08.2007 - 12:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.08.2007 at 22:55

Well yeah, surely they can't be that rare, the songs were so easy to download lol.

I never try do it... I shood try now
----

apos;'
[image]
06.09.2007 - 03:15
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@K7: any luck?
30.04.2009 - 09:29
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Although I think that motorhead and hawkwind are two very different listening experiences they both are damn good bands. HAwkwind albums are not easy to find usually and they rerecord a lot of their songs for new & updated versions. It's decant easy listening for anyone and it's trippy in some interesting areas. I have all their stuff (that I Can find and it's a lot if you really go hunting) so I'm pretty versed in their playing. The thing is that it's also probably acquired listening for a lot of people.

I remember playing this stuff for friends I have who're into jam band stuff and they didn't get it. Since hawkwind is like England's Grateful Dead that does space rock I found this a bit wierd.
----
20.01.2016 - 22:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
After Lemmy's dead I re listened some songs, on YT , damn even Silver Machine is good song, is same story as Blue Oyster Cult , Don't fear the reaper, most ppl knows only those, thanks to VH1, this band has good albums, good spyhodelio sound and music, decent space rock if we can say so,,,, if Lemmy would stay ... well
----

apos;'
[image]
21.01.2016 - 09:04
slim pickings
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 20.01.2016 at 22:57

After Lemmy's dead I re listened some songs, on YT , damn even Silver Machine is good song, is same story as Blue Oyster Cult , Don't fear the reaper, most ppl knows only those, thanks to VH1, this band has good albums, good spyhodelio sound and music, decent space rock if we can say so,,,, if Lemmy would stay ... well

Hawkwind is space rock, not just decent, but they are the most famous of them all and for good reasons, back in the day, they were pushing the envelope (wow, I've used this expression in a sentence ).
Lemmy was with them for 4 years (4 albums).